Debut Theme - Clickable Main Collection

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I've Debut Theme and I'd like to make my main collection a clickable link.

Example: https://themes.shopify.com/themes/debut/styles/light/preview

When I click on "Furniture", I want to see everything in this collection and it's sub-collections, like a Show All.

When it have no sub-collections, we can click but not when we have sub-collections.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 168

Hey, Yannick!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Currently, the link that you've created through Navigation can only be linked to one collection. You can make the main tab clickable and linked to a designated collection. 

In order for the tab to be able to "show all", you'll have to create a separate collection that includes all the products you want to show in the tab. Here is a great resource on how to create an automated collection.

Similar to how you have linked each collection to the tab, you can link a collection to the main tab by the following steps:

1. Shopify admin > Online Store > Navigation > Main menu. On the main drop-down menu section, click on Edit.

2. With the pop-up window, fill in the name and click on the box below Link to link the tab with the automated collection you have just created, which included all the products you would like to show. Once done, click on Apply changes.

3. Once completed, don't forget to click on Save at the top right corner.

When this is completed, you can try the tab at your homepage. Simply double-click on it, the products will appear on the page. 

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out! Alternatively, you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have created  a main menue with Ladies collection and men's collection, which is in the header. If I click on the header I get my subheaders like jeans,  jeans jacket, sunglasses etc.

what I want to achieve is, that when the customer click on sunglasses, all the sunglasses should come up in product page.

However in the navigation field there is only collection and I can not tag it to the sunglasses.

There is another section featured collection which I can not link to menue bar.

All is nicely explained but this somehow does not work for me.

Can you explain? apsara2911@yahoo.com  or sales@jeansdream.xyz

@

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have this same problem and can’t figure it out either. I have a collection for ”women” on my main page with a nest menu for “shirts” and another nest menu under shirts for “tanks” and it won’t let me view all of them together, just my tanks or whatever is the last menu item. 

i know it’s possible because I’ve seen it done on other Shopify pages. 

0 Likes