Solved

Debut Theme - Featured Product Description

SarettaP
Tourist
6 1 2

Hello!

I'm building up a homepage using Debut. I would insert the "featured product" block but when I select a specific product in my shopify the preview shows the entire text of the product...I just would add title and the short intro, cutting the rest of the text but I couldn't find a way for it.

What can I do?

Accepted Solutions (2)
SarettaP
Tourist
6 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

It works now!

Thank you so much for your help, you have been very helpful.

Sara

View solution in original post

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@SarettaP 

Thank you very much!!

Please accept as a solution so others can take benefits.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@SarettaP 

You can add the featured product with the debut theme but along with the featured products. It displays all information related to the product that you selected. 

You can select the product but if your product description is too long and it doesn't look good on the page then you can hide the description with the following code.

so It will look short.

You can add the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.scss.liquid file.

.temmplate-index .index-section--featured-product .product-single__description rte{
display:none;
}

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
SarettaP
Tourist
6 1 2
Thanks a lot for your reply!

Where can I find my assets/theme.scss.liquid file?

Thanks again

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@SarettaP 

Goto Online Store -> Themes -> Aciton dropdown -> Edit code.

See the following screenshot.

assets-theme-css.jpg

Hope this will be helpful.

Thanks!

SarettaP
Tourist
6 1 2
Hello!

I can't see any screenshot in the previous email...Can you send it again?
I have found where I should add the code but I don't know which category
should I select.

Thanks again
SarettaP
Tourist
6 1 2

Sorry I found the screenshot and did what you wrote but nothing changed.

Look below:

SarettaP_0-1603719002153.png

But the preview is the same after saving (as you can see in the image below)

SarettaP_1-1603719167278.png

What can I do?

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@SarettaP 

Please share your website URL. It will be difficult to give a solution without checking your website.

Thanks!

SarettaP
Tourist
6 1 2
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@SarettaP 

I am going off for today. I will check and provide a solution tomorrow my morning.

Thanks!

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@SarettaP 

Please try the following code

.template-index .product-single__description {
display: none;
}

Hope this helps.

Thanks! 

SarettaP
Tourist
6 1 2

It works now!

Thank you so much for your help, you have been very helpful.

Sara

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@SarettaP 

Thank you very much!!

Please accept as a solution so others can take benefits.

Thanks!

ZaheedaT
Excursionist
39 2 3

Is this the accepted solution? It removes the the Description from the Product page as well not just the featured product