Debut Theme Footer - Add full width text block

Highlighted
3 0 0

I am using the Debut theme for a new site. Customer wants me to add a full width text block just above the copyright area for some disclaimers. How is that accomplished? I can add a text block, but it just appears in one of the columns.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Pass on some of the customers money you're getting paid for this.

You need to create the div text block outside of the flex/grid, you are putting the text block inside the flex/grid which is of course just going to create a new column.

If my answer was helpful please Like and Accept my post as the Solution
Need help customizing your store? Contact me on email at Defineify@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Somewhat new to Shopify. I can certainly hand edit the template file and put the disclaimers there, but then they are not editable by the customer. I would have to edit code each time.

More than happy to hire, send me contact info.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Prime42 

Go to the footer and add a schema, which allows the person to edit it via the customizer

here is a great youtube video he shows you how to create a new section and add the changeable elements to the customizer, use the knowledge and apply it on the element you create in the footer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzhsYMxUp8s

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 1 3

Hi @Defineify 

How do you put a div text block outside of the flex/grid.  Do you know if there instructions on how to do this or a youtube video?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @MKYLE 

You will need to understand HTML. Look at the footer find the section and place it outside of the flex/grid whatever they use to make the columns

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 1 3

@Defineify 

Could I use this to add the Variants to my Feature collection? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @MKYLE 

Don't knwo what you mean by that, if you are after showing variant pictures in your collection, you'd need to customize your code.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for the point in the right direction. Between the video and a bunch of trial and error, I got a solution cobbled together.

0 Likes