Debut Theme - Full stop issue.

Solved
Set_Asura
3 0 0

Please refer to the image below.

ISSUE: If you look closely there are two full stops on both errors at the bottom. I edited the theme languages for the "cannot be blank" to "cannot be blank." instead. Except this made the errors at the bottom have an extra full stop. Where is this extra full stop being pulled from and how do I remove it (or is there a workaround)?

Set_Asura_0-1625418563613.png

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1013 79 265

Hi, @Set_Asura

This is Rae from the Shopify team. I appreciate you reaching out about this, and I'm happy to help lend a hand. 

When you originally edited this field, did you follow these steps?

1. From within your Shopify admin, click on 'Online store > Themes' 
  2. Click 'Actions > Edit language' beside your Debut theme 
  3. In the Language editor, under 'Checkout & system > Errors' edit the field titled 'Blank'

If those are the steps you followed, there's no need to include a full stop in the 'Cannot be blank' text within the language editor, as the Debut theme will automatically add a full stop here on your behalf. 

With this information in mind, you can resolve this by following the steps I shared above to access the Language editor. Then, just remove the full stop you added after 'Cannot be blank', and click 'Save' in the top right hand corner of the editor.

To double check that this worked, just visit your own online store and work through the steps of creating a customer account, but make sure to leave out both the email and the password on the form. This will ensure the error appears with one full stop only, as shown here: 

06-33-34196-22819.png

Let me know how this goes! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Set_Asura
3 0 0

Thank you for the reply Rae.

I did initially edit this same field to include a full stop. If I remove the full stop, then the text at the top that includes 'cannot be blank' will lose their full stop. Is there a way around this so both top and bottom text strings can have a full stop?

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1013 79 265

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Set_Asura

Thanks for following up on this! 

I completely understand what you mean, and I can see the benefit in having each error show up consistently with one full stop only. With this in mind, I'd really like to have our Design team look into this further to determine if this is possible. 

To get in contact with our team, please visit our Help Center via this link, log in to your account, and submit a support request with us there. That way, we can help look into this over live chat, email, or through a callback, and ensure your question is sent over to our Design team correctly. 

Since this is the best way to resolve this question, I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread. This should help benefit other Community users who may be running into the same issue, as it outlines the steps that they can also follow to receive more help. 

We look forward to hearing from you via our Help Center soon! 

0 Likes
Set_Asura
3 0 0

Hello Rae,

That link did not work for me. I think it is because I am on a trial? I could not figure out how to submit a ticket via chat/email or any other method. Can this be submitted on my behalf?

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1013 79 265

Hi, @Set_Asura

Thanks for letting me know. 

You can absolutely still access our Help Center from a trial account, so I'm sorry to hear that you ran into issues. Did you see any specific errors? If not, can you tell me a bit more about where you experienced troubles when trying to submit a support request?

I also recommend clearing your browser cache before accessing our Help Center again, as this might help resolve any issues that are cached on your browser currently. 

While I don't have the option to submit a request on your behalf, I'm happy to keep helping out with this once I hear back from you with the above details! 

0 Likes