Debut Theme - How to make product images on collection page larger? How to center align product pric

geographyvault
Tourist
22 0 3

Hello everyone, 

It's been a little frustrating figuring out small issues. I have a store selling t-shirts.

1) I need to make the product images appear larger on the collection page and feathered page. So customers can see the t-shirts better. I will have 4 shirts per row or even 3, but how can I make the images bigger??

2) Small thing but I can't figure it out. I need to center align the product price. I checked all other threads with the same issue, none worked. I literally spent 2 hours trying to figure this.

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'd be happy to look into this for you, can you provide a link to your store so we can see your storefront as it appears now? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
geographyvault
Tourist
22 0 3

@Cal wrote:

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'd be happy to look into this for you, can you provide a link to your store so we can see your storefront as it appears now? 

Here you go:

geographyvault.com/

If you need attachment of code please let me know. I would like the images to be larger so the design/writing on the t-shirt can be seen clearly on featured/collection page.

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Would you mind attaching some screenshots, as I can't seem to see which edits you are looking for. The images on the collection page generally resize depending on what device the user is using. Have a look here, and you can see the images are quite large on my monitor. 

I do, however, understand the request to center the product price. Can you just illustrate to me where the product images are appearing small for you, and I'll get this looked at? Thanks! 

0 Likes
geographyvault
Tourist
22 0 3

Hey Cal, 

Thanks for reply. I have attached a pic to show you the difference. I used to have Minimal theme where the shirts appeared larger (some thread on this forum showed me to make the image larger via code and I had to manually crop the image also). The attachment compares my Home Page of Debut and Minimal theme, and you see the size difference. Minimal had larger images, heck if it was upto me I'd make them larger than Minimal because there is still alot of white space that can be utilized (For example look t this site I randomly found Macy ). I need the customer to read and see the design clearly without having to hover or click. And the pic you see was resized otherwise it's much smaller, please read below for that. 

And there is another issue but I don't think there is a solution. For each image I have to go to each pic and crop out the extra white area to make the image bigger, I attached that also. Not only is this laborious (just imagine having 100 shirts with 4-5 variants = 400-500 cropping to do manually), but the biggest issue is when I crop the extra white space to make the image larger is that I lose the clarity of the pic - it becomes a little blurry. And I use high quality enhanced png pics. So I have a dilemma, smaller but clearer, bigger but blurrier. I am not an expert but resize compromises the quality, maybe there should be a zoom crop option. I'm just thinking out loud. 

And please let me know how to center align the price. I wish your developer can add that option real quick rather than coding. 

image size.png 

resize.JPG

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Thanks for all that information. I've sent you a quick email there, if you could just respond to that request I'll get the design team looking at this for you! 

0 Likes
BrendaSauvage
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi,

I'm using the debut theme and my product images on the featured collections sliders on home page look quite small on the mobile version. Is there any code I can. use to make them look bigger?

www.salvajevinos.com

thanks!

0 Likes