Debut Theme - Instagram Slider Not showing Videos

Solved
Tourist
4 1 0

Any reason as to why the pictures are showing up fine but anything not a picture fails to load. 

Let me know if I need to provide anything else to help this issue out.

https://onthegosnacks.net/

OnTheGo issues1.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
705 45 100

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from Shopify's Social Care Team. I took a look at your website to make sure that the issue wasn't a local issue on your device and I do see that the videos aren't showing up on my computer either. In that case, it seems as if something in the access token isn't working properly.

Since there aren't any Shopify built themes that have an Instagram feed built into them and I'm not able to help with the back end of apps that aren't built by Shopify I won't be able to dive in and fix this myself or send this to my tech team. With that said, I did want to see if I was still able to provide some assistance. Have you tried removing the connection from Instagram, and then trying again?

It's possible that this could be in association with the change that Instagram is making in regards to their API. Basically, as of March 31st 2020 Instagram is making adjustments to their API so some features that were previously available won't be available anymore. That just means that you'll have to register as a developer in order to have access to sharing your Instagram on your website. There are a few more steps to do this then there were before, but here are some guides from Instagram that should help you: 

• Register as a Developer

• Guide to Instagram API

• Instagram User Access Tokens

If it still doesn't work then it also could be dependant on what app you're using or if you're using a theme that has a built-in feature for an Instagram feed. If you're using an app and it still isn't working after you add a new access code and re-try the connection then you might just want to try a new app.

InstaFeed is free on that I used on one of my online stores in the past. There is also Instagram Feed & Photo Gallery as well as a few other ones in our Shopify App Store

If you're using the feature built into your theme and it still isn't working after retrying the connection then it would be best to reach out to the developer support associated with your theme. However, my guess for that would be that it is in association with the upcoming changes next month. — I can still help put you in contact with your developer if you'd like. If you share the name of your theme I can see if I can find the contact information.

Even though I am not able to directly assist you with the missing videos by diving into the back end I do hope that my suggestions helped to get it working or helped to point you in a direction.

If you have any other questions about this or anything else, please let me know!

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Thank you! I appreciate your response. 

The Theme is "Debut." It is a built in feature within the theme. I have looked for anyone else having the same issue and found nothing. 

I would like to not have to install a separate app as the built in feature fits perfectly on my site. I also tried your solutions. There is no token feature within the section. 

If you find out anything, all help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
946 35 112

Dear Kurtis22,

I think there is something missing in custom content section you have created for instagram widget.

If you will create app then token can be generate easily.

If you still need help please contact here: https://www.mswebinternational.com/pages/contact-us

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer
Get Shopify Help | Get Free Store Audit Report
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
705 45 100

After taking a look at your website it looks as if your theme is more of a custom or third party theme. Can you go to the inside of your store customizer ( Online Store > Themes > Customize in your Store Admin) and click on Theme Settings? When you scroll to the bottom you will see the name of the theme developer. Would you be able to take a screenshot of what it says there? With that information, I will be able to give you more specific help. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

GECKO (VERSION 1.6)

Design and support by The4Studio

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
705 45 100

Thank you so much for letting me know the name of your theme. 

So that theme is, in fact, a third-party theme. In that case, you'll want to either:

• Speak with the theme developers about the functioning of your Instagram in association with your theme

OR

• Get an app like the ones that I mentioned above and remove the Instagram connection in your theme. 

It's completely up to what you'd like to do, but since you'd prefer to not use an extra app I suggest that you try reaching out to the theme developers first or to a Shopify Expert.

I don't see the Gecko theme on our Shopify Theme Store, but I did find the contact information for The4Studio so you don't have to bother searching for that. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Tourist
4 1 0

I reached out to them. Thank you for everything! 

I will go ahead and get a third party app if they can't help me.

You're the best! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
705 45 100

That's wonderful! I'm so happy to hear that. 

If you ever have any further questions please don't ever hesitate to reach out again. 

0 Likes