Debut Theme - Moving the Search Icon

kimasiaayers
1 0 0

Hello. I am having an issue with the Search Icon element location. I am wanting to move the Search Icon to the left of the logo. I have a picture attached below for reference:

request.png

my site is https://soulfullyorganic.com/. Thank you!

Password is " debutthemehelp "

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 68 90

Hey, @kimasiaayers!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify community! 

Thank you for posting a screenshot with your question, that's a great help in understanding what your goal is! Making a change like moving the search icon across your header would require some code work to your theme. I see you mentioned you're using Debut, and since that is a theme developed and supported by Shopify, our theme support team should be able to assist with this. 

I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply to that email letting me know your .myshopify.com URL so that I can authenticate you on your store and take a closer look into the back-end. If you use an alternate email address to log into your Shopify account, please let me know in your email reply so that we can authenticate accordingly. 

Looking forward to hearing back! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
yuum
Excursionist
15 0 6

Hello @Ash ,

I would like the same customization help, please? I'm on Debut theme too.

Hope to hear from you soon!

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 68 90

Hey, @yuum

I'm happy to help out! I'll need to loop in our theme support team, and in order to do that we'll first need to move our conversation to email and get you authenticated on the shop in question. I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply back to that email letting me know your .myshopify.com URL. One I receive your reply, we can move forward with the next steps. 

Your image is looking different than your current website. 
Do you want to just move the search icon?

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Using a free theme? Improve it with copy/paste code snippets clicking here.
◦ Looking to hire an experienced developer? Same day response: ezfycode@gmail.com.
0 Likes
yuum
Excursionist
15 0 6

Hi Ash,

Thank you for arranging this for me. Your team has reached me and did a great job and did so very quickly!

0 Likes
niv1005
Tourist
11 0 2

Hey @Ash! Im deling with the same problem it will be great if you will be able to help me also

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 68 90

Hey, @niv1005!

Welcome to the thread! Absolutely, I'm happy to help you out as well. To determine how to proceed, I'll need a bit more information from you. Could you please let me know what theme you're currently using, and share a screenshot showing where on your site your search icon is at this time? I'll also need to know where exactly you'd like to move the icon to. 

Looking forward to hearing back soon! 

0 Likes
niv1005
Tourist
11 0 2

Hey @Ash , thanks for replying back

Im using Debut theme, I have already moved the menu to the left side and Im interested to move the serach button to his right.

Thanks a lot for your help

InkedIMG_2192_LI.jpg

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 68 90

Hey, @niv1005!

Thank you so much for getting back to me with the screenshot and the name of the theme you're using. That greatly helps me understand your goal! Since you're using the Debut theme, our Theme Support team may be able to assist with making this change. I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account for authentication. Please reply to that email, and once I receive your reply we can determine the next steps together. Hoping to hear back soon! 

0 Likes