Debut Theme - Product Image automatically updating Variant

1 0 0

I am using the Debut theme and I am on the basic plan.

I was going through the process of ordering a specific color and size for a hoodie by clicking the image. I was going for the green hoodie as a test. Although the image popped up, I had to manually change the size and the color to correct the order.

Is there a way for the 'Debut Theme' to automatically change the product color and size when a customer clicks on the product image they choose to buy?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
320 30 52

Hi, @Jlsa_Merch!

This is May from Shopify. Welcome to our Shopify Community!

You can select a product variant by clicking their image, however, you do need to edit your theme code to make this happen. If you're not an expert in coding, don't worry, because we have a step by step tutorial on how to do this. Feel free to visit this link to view the tutorial.

Before you start editing your theme code, I highly recommend making a duplicate of your theme, to ensure that your customers aren’t affected by any unintended results. For future reference, in case you are seeing errors after you changed the theme code, or if you want to undo the changes, you can always roll back to an older version of your theme. If you are not comfortable with making this change, I highly suggest reaching out to our Shopify ExpertsAlternatively, if you are using a theme supported by Shopify, our theme developers may be able to look into making this change if your account is eligible!

Let me know if this helps. Feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support, and we’ll happily help!

Cheers!

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes