Debut Theme - Remove Sale Tag

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all,

I've just just been working on my store, and decided on using the debut theme. All of my products are sourced with Oberlo, so they're all using a compared at price, and are showing a sale tag. Having all of the products on my store stated as on sale looks a bit tacky to me, so I'd like to take that off.

I've found old guides on how to do this, but it looks like the coding has changed since then.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
112 1 23

Hi Micah,

You are going to have to edit your theme. I'll walk you through it. Please make a backup of the files before saving in case anything goes wrong.

Go to your admin panel.

1. Click on the Online Store link on the left menu under Sales Channels.
  2. Click on the Themes link on the left menu.
  3. Click on the white Actions drop down button on your active theme then select Edit code.
  4. You should now see a list of files and folders.
  5. Click on the Sections folder. There should be a product-template.liquid file. Click on that.
  6. Scroll down to line 126 and 136, you should see code that looks like this:
    <span class="product-price__sale-label product-price__sale-label-{{ section.id }}">{{ 'products.product.on_sale' | t }}</span>
  7. Delete those two lines of code.
  8. Click on the white Save button.
  9. Go to the featured-product.liquid file in the same folder. On lines 157 and 167, you should see the same code as above. Delete those lines, and save the file.
  10. In the Snippets folder, there should be a product-price.liquid file. On lines 22 and 29, should be the same code. Delete those lines, and save the file.
  11. In the same folder, there should be a product-card-list.liquid file. On line 10, you should see this line of code:
    <div class="list-view-item__on-sale">{{ 'products.product.on_sale' | t }}</div>

Delete that line and save the file.

The "Sale" tags should now be removed next to the discounted prices on all the pages.

The easiest way to get Shopify help. Submit your task, get a quote, and we'll get the work done. Work with me at shupkeep.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi, I have the same problem for my Debut theme and want to delete the 'sale' watermark but I couldn't find the code in the product-template.liquid section as directed here. (see copy of code below). Please advise?

{%- if shop.taxes_included or shop.shipping_policy.body != blank -%}
<div class="product__policies rte">
{%- if shop.taxes_included -%}
{{ 'products.product.include_taxes' | t }}
{%- endif -%}
{%- if shop.shipping_policy.body != blank -%}
{{ 'products.product.shipping_policy_html' | t: link: shop.shipping_policy.url }}
{%- endif -%}
</div>
{%- endif -%}

{% if section.settings.show_quantity_selector %}
<div id="error-quantity-{{ section.id }}" class="form-message form-message--error product__quantity-error hide" tabindex="-1">
{% include 'icon-error' %} {{ 'products.product.quantity_minimum_message' | t }}
</div>
{% endif %}

{% capture "form_classes" -%}
product-form product-form-{{ section.id }}{% unless section.settings.show_variant_labels %} product-form--hide-variant-labels{% endunless %}{% if section.settings.enable_payment_button and product.has_only_default_variant%} product-form--payment-button-no-variants{% endif %}
{%- endcapture %}

2 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
78 2 7

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

I have the same problem in my Debut theme - the description above doesn't match the current liquid codes. Has anyone found a solution?

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi guys, im not a shopify expert. 

I've found out that you may go to theme.scss, change from 

.price--on-sale & {
display: flex;
}

to

.price--on-sale & {
display: none;
}

Hope it helps. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Dear Micah_Snow,

Let's allow us to help you. Please reach us at : https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer
Hire Shopify Small Tasks Experts
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
0 Likes