Debut Theme - Remove the name of the collection from the image block on home page

It would be best to find out what is overriding it, but in a pinch you could use the "important" rule, at least to test it out.

https://css-tricks.com/when-using-important-is-the-right-choice/

Theme and app development | Toronto, Canada | sizzlecentral.com
0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 2

If this is how it should look, then it doesn't work either.

.collection-grid-item__title { display: none !important; }

0 Likes

Yes, that's correct. If you want to send me a staff invite I can have a quick look at it for you.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 2

I poked around a little and added this to the bottom of theme.scss.liquid

.section-header {
  h1{
 display: none;
  }
}

It is doing the trick for now, but I don't know if there is going to be some issue elsewhere that will cause a problem. In other words, if .section-header pertains to other areas/sections/pages besides collections, I might have to tweak this again.

I might just do this though:

.collection-hero__title-wrapper {
}

This gets rid of both the title and the odd color overlay for collection images. Seems less problematic (and looks better too)

1 Like

If you include a class or id in your css rule that encloses the .section-header you can get specific enough to make the changes without affecting the .section-header elsewhere. For example:

.template-list-collections .section-header {
  h1{
  }
}

That wouldn't affect the h1 in any other section headers, only within the collections template.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 2

That still shows the header, but maybe I didn't specify it enough to get it to work. In any event, I'm satisfied with the collection image adjustments. I'll leave the collection titles as is. Thanks for your help

0 Likes

No problem, good luck!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Thanks Richard, you saved me an hour.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Cam, what was the final code you used? 

0 Likes