Debut Theme - Remove the name of the collection from the image block on home page

Highlighted
3 0 0

I'm using the Debut Theme and would like to remove the name of the collection from the image block on the home page.

I have found another posts and followed the instructions, but  it did not work for me.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 86

Hey, Dan!

Savannah here from Shopify. 

Are you referring to the Collection list? If so, you can typically remove that text by navIgating to the Collection List and Featured Collections sections in your theme customizer (Online Store>Themes>Customize Theme) and deleting the text in the text box where it says Heading. If you hit save, the titles should disappear. 

Let me know if that does the trick, or if it wasn't what you're after!

Savannah | Social Care
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Savannah,

Thank you for your replay. I'm interested to remove the text showen on the collection image. See picture below.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
129 0 25

Hi Dan,

You can use the custom CSS code below (Add it in the bottom of theme.scss.liquid file inside asset folder)

.collection-grid-item__title { display: none; }

I hope this help.

Richard Nguyen | PageFly CEO
Highlighted
3 0 0
Thank you Richard. Works great!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

I see this post is labled "Outdated" and for good reason. The code doesn't work.

Any solutions? I tried playing around with some variations on the code (even just changing the font color) but nothing works.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
57 0 10

The title might be called something different in the theme you are using. If you can use Chrome dev tools to find the name of the element, and then set that to "display: none;" in your stylesheet it should work.

Theme and app development | Toronto, Canada | sizzlecentral.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

Thanks for the reply. I am using Debut, same as the original poster.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
57 0 10

No problem. I just tried it on Debut, and it worked for me. Make sure you are adding this code as the last line of this file from the editor in the admin:

Assets > theme.scss.liquid

Theme and app development | Toronto, Canada | sizzlecentral.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

Yeah, that's where I am putting it. I wonder if something else I am using could be overriding it. I did place it at the end of the code.

0 Likes