Debut Theme - Resize of hero image container for desktop display

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I am trying to resize the hero image container on my home page for desktop viewing. I have set the height to small in my theme customisation as this is the best option for mobile viewing but the display needs to be taller than 300px in desktop mode as it is currently too small and truncates the image really badly. It needs to display 475px high. I am having all this trouble as I have noticed that I do not have the option of selecting "adapt to image" (image height dropdown menu) as it is not there in the customisation section...any idea why as it is in the tutorial documents supplied by Shopify.

This is the section I am trying to change:

<div class="hero hero--small box ratio-container js lazyloaded" 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Globetrotter
703 65 82

@MyProvKitchen wrote:

Hi, I am trying to resize the hero image container on my home page for desktop viewing. I have set the height to small in my theme customisation as this is the best option for mobile viewing but the display needs to be taller than 300px in desktop mode as it is currently too small and truncates the image really badly. It needs to display 475px high. I am having all this trouble as I have noticed that I do not have the option of selecting "adapt to image" (image height dropdown menu) as it is not there in the customisation section...any idea why as it is in the tutorial documents supplied by Shopify.

This is the section I am trying to change:

<div class="hero hero--small box ratio-container js lazyloaded" 

Thank you!

can you share your website url? also do you want different image heights on desktop and mobile view?

you are welcome to contact me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com
0 Likes