I have developed a custom solution to swiping images on the Debut theme and I'd like to share it with you all.
Click here for a live demo of how it looks like.
Debut is a great theme but you can't swipe images on the product page, which ends up hurting the UX and, subsequently, potentially hurting conversions.
How to add it to your Debut theme
1. On the admin page, navigate to Online Store > Themes.
2. Find the Debut theme and click on "Edit Code".
3. Find the file named "product-template.liquid". Delete everything in there and paste the code in this link: https://gist.github.com/dpw1/b596c4d0fba16349170b0dcef87901e3
4. Find the file named "theme.js". At the very bottom of the file, right below $(theme.init), paste the code in this link: https://gist.github.com/dpw1/19b344c5332f4753d6bf05c96da69767
5. You're all set!
- At the customize page you can turn on/off the adaptive height images.
- The image zoom currently does not work with the slider. I might update it in the future. If so, I'll update this post.
- Let me know if you find any bugs and I'll get it fixed.
Hope it helps you guys.
Solved! Go to the solution
Which browser are you in? Could you please record a video of it?
@nikhil0189 You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know, I will get that fixed in the upcoming days.
I just released a new update.
- sometimes image was not updated when clicking on the thumbnail;
- add videos;
- resize images when selecting a new variant.