Debut Theme, how to move 'add to cart' & 'buy it now' buttons back to default position

Highlighted
Excursionist
32 1 13

When first using Debut theme, I did not like that the 'add to cart' and 'buy it now' tabs were at the top of the page (default position) and the product description underneath, and thought it would be better for customers to read description first and then can scroll down to add or buy. 

A shopify guru told me how to either change code, add code, or move code (can't remember which).  However, now almost a year in, I can see the wisdom in having those tabs at the start of a page, especially for mobile users and particularly when there are variants - customers now have to keep scrolling down, scrolling back up etc to add and if there is a lot of blurb, it does not make for simple navigation. 

The problem is, I cannot remember what I was told to do to move those two tabs beneath description to undo it.  Can someone advise me how to move those tabs back to default position please.

Thank you in advance for your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
133 8 40

Hey, @Yasmin70.

Olivia here from the Shopify Team. Thanks for sharing your question with our community!

I can think of a few different solutions to help you resolve this today. Let's dive into them below:

1. Revert back to an older version of your theme
    Head to Shopify Admin > Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code > Templates and find the .liquid file/s you previously edited. There you will find a hyperlink to older versions of the file. Click the drop-down menu to see all available versions - when you click a datestamp the code will roll back to that saved version as such:

20-44-wirx6-rn1ko

All edited versions will be available for you to choose from here.

2. Download new copy of your theme from our Theme Store
    Head to Shopify Admin > Online Store > Themes > to download a current unedited version of your theme. It's a good idea to use a current version of your theme on your site for the best customer experience and for efficiency purposes.

3. Find your ticket number with our Support Team
    If you received support from our team on chat, all transcripts would have been emailed to you immediately after. Search through your email inbox for previous chat transcripts to review your conversation and previous recommendations that might have been made. From there, you can easily pinpoint the changes that were made and undo them.

I trust that will do the trick, but please let me know if there's any other assistance I can offer you.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes