Debut (and other free) theme added features changelog?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Is there a Shopify help article that shows the features that have been added to Debut and other free themes? I've noted a few additions that I want, but not sure what else has been added. Trying to decide if it's time to update the theme.

(Wow, it's an inefficient process if you've made theme edits.  I'm terrified about reinstalling apps and losing our settings. )

Here's some updates I noticed:

Currency selector

Vids in product images

Cross-sells

Any complete listing of what has been udpated/added? Like a proper theme changelog? Poking around to hope I notice is horribly inefficient and no way I'll catch everything.  Without this info I'm not sure if it's worth updating or if I need to go to a paid theme.

0 Likes
Highlighted

There is a general Shopify changelog in which I've seen some Debut theme features mentioned, but yeah there should be a public changelog for all Shopify themes. 

And I agree, the upgrade scenario is less than ideal for those of us who need to edit the code. I ran my shop on Debut for three years before realizing I had to manually update the theme. I was at version 1.2.0 when the current theme was at 15.x.x. But I have no idea what's been added since. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
0 Likes
Highlighted

The big additions I noticed were the built-in product recommendations, and support for basic rich snippets / structured data (pretty sure support for those was non-existent in my old 1.2.0 version). 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
0 Likes