Debut theme - Bold navigation text

PURELEE
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello, my website is a work in progress and I would love to get some help with this:

1. I want all the "PURE" text on my drop-down menu to be bold. (shop)

2. I want all the "PURE" text on my collection titles to be bold. (shop)

3. I want all the "PURE" text on the two "image with text" titles to be bold. (homepage)

4. I want all the "PURE" text on the one "image with text overlay" to be bold. (homepage)

Password: purelee231                  <--- OBS: 231, not 123

Kind regards 

0 Likes

The best way to do it, would be use HTML

<h2>Stay <span class="pure">Pure</span></h2>

and CSS

.pure {
   font-weight: bold;
}

but it could be that you'll have some problem with certain template elements that do not accept HTML code.

In that case you are force to use javascript, search for specific selectors and inject the required HTML, but it could be laborious to find all selectors that you need.

e.g. just a concept

<script>
function pure_replace() {
const el = document.getElementById('text');
text = text.toLowerCase().replace('pure', '<span class="pure">Pure</span>')
el.innerHTML = text;
}
</script>

<body onload="pure_replace()">

• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like ?? if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.
0 Likes
PURELEE
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks for your answer!

I actually don't know code, I just copy it from the forums and place it in "edit code". Could I get some more detailed instructions?

It says that I should receive an hour of help with design & code when I purchase the basic plan for Shopify. How do I claim that?

Kind regards

0 Likes

You can check this topic to see What Can Be Covered in Free Design Time

• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like ?? if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.
0 Likes
PURELEE
Tourist
5 0 1

I've read that! 

• Adjusting text alignment or justification, or styling, i.e. making text bold, italic, underline, etc. As mentioned above, we can only make changes that are not controlled through the Rich Text Editor.

Are the things that I need help with not included in this paragraph?

"After you contact our Support team and outline your request, you can expect to receive a status update within 2-4 business days."

Does this mean that I should use the forum or that I should contact support? For some reason I'm not able to contact support directly, that's why I used the forum. When I click on "Contact Shopify Support" -> choose my store -> it takes me back to the forums and doesn't direct me to a chat support or to a contact form.

Kind regards

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2550 329 518

@PURELEE 

I believe your request would fall within what our Themes team can help with; however, they would be the ones to make the decision in the end. You will need to be on a paid plan in order to be eligible for design time. To begin the process, you would need to contact Support to create a support ticket. From there, it is escalated to our Themes team for further review. 

If you're having issues finding the support options, then I'd recommend clearing your cache/cookies, trying Google Inciginot mode, or trying a different browser/device. That should help resolve the looping issue you're experiencing. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
PURELEE
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Trevor,

thank you for your answer!

Sounds great!

I've tried clearing cache, google incognito, chrome/safari browser, different device and I still can't contact support directly. Can you make a ticket for me or how can I make a support ticket in a different way? Contact support -> log-in -> takes me back to "help center" and doesn't let me create a ticket or chat with support. There is no other way I see on the website where I can contact support.

I'm trying to finish this website for a client.

Kind regards

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2550 329 518

@PURELEE 

I can't make a ticket on your behalf I'm afraid. Once redirected to the help centre, are you searching for the topic you need assistance with? Once you have searched the topic you need help with, you should see a list of help articles that may address your issue. At the bottom of the page, you'll find a contact support option. 

Could you try those steps and let me know what you see? 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
PURELEE
Tourist
5 0 1

I found it.

Thanks Trevor!