Debut theme – Change Collection list images

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi,

I just updated our site by adding a collection list on the front page, showcasing three collections in a so-called Collection list. The issue is that the image for each collection is displayed in a 1:1 format on the front page, while most of the product images it fetches are rectangular. This results in some awkward image displays on the front page. See attached screenshot, and see the "Nyheter" box in the middle. 

Does anyone know how I can overwrite the automatic fetching of images from the collection itself (I think it fetches the first product image of the first product in the collection), and upload my own collection image for each square? 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
39 1 12

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Thomas!

This section will display one of two images. First, it will check for the existence of a collection image, if that's empty, it will default to the collection's first product's image.

To override the product image showing, you will need to add an image to each of the collections.Screenshot 2019-02-04 at 2.44.28 pm.png

Liam Merlyn | Shopify Developer
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
88 10 20

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @thomas_lie

Emma here from Shopify. Welcome to the Community, we're so happy to have you here! 

What @ConduciveMammal posted above is correct, you can absolutely control which image is displayed on your homepage by using the Collection Image. To change your collection image, you just navigate to the collection page in your admin and you will see the option to edit (select) the image there on the right side:

_2019-02-04_06-55-26

Let us know if you need any more assistance with this, we're always here to help! 

All the best, 

Emma | Shopify Support 

-Emma- | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thank you, @-Emma- and @ConduciveMammal!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

My collection image is 343.33 x 343.33px which is the size of the tile of the collection on from page. but in the collection page the image gets streched to 1903 x 300px and gets totaly blurred out. can i put a different image in the collection page then the one showing on the main page?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Hey! How do i go about increasing the size of the collection image???

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

@MaxSt wrote:

My collection image is 343.33 x 343.33px which is the size of the tile of the collection on from page. but in the collection page the image gets streched to 1903 x 300px and gets totaly blurred out. can i put a different image in the collection page then the one showing on the main page?

Did you ever find an answer to this question??? I have the same issue: the square photo on the Collections page looks awful as a huge rectangle on the page it links to. SOS! 

3 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Does anyone know the initial preset size of collection images? I don't mind what it is, just having hard time figuring out what size to crop my images so that they fit in ok.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

No solution for this? 

This post might help but it involve creating new themes for new collections.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I second this.

0 Likes