Debut theme: How to remove the 'Sale' text behind the pricing?

Highlighted
2 0 1

I use the Debut theme and want the remove the 'Sale' text behind the pricing.

I added a picture to let you know what I mean. 

Someone got an idea?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 84

Hey, there!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. :) 

You can remove that sale label by commenting it out in your theme's HTML/CSS. Here's how you would do that: 

• Navigate to Online Store>Themes and select the "..." menu on the Debut theme. Select "Edit HTML/CSS." 
  • Once you're in your theme's liquid files, select the sections folder from the left hand menu, and then then product-template.liquid. 
  • Scroll to line 99 and press the return button to create a space on line 100. Insert a  {% comment %} tag. 
  • Scroll to line 110 and create another space, where you'll enter the {% endcomment %} tag. 
  • It should end up looking like this

Let me know if that does the trick, or if there's anything I can clarify!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello,

it wasn't quite like you said. I had to put in the tags you have given to me in product-price.liquid.

But now it works! Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello! 

Where is product-price.liquid? is it in the sections?

I'd like to apply the same change!  Or even add some other text instead of "Sale"

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm trying to do just this at the moment but I'm struggling to find the right bit of code to change. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Anyone have the directions on how to change "Sale" to something else like "Discount"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

If anyone is looking for the same, edit HTML/CSS or product-price.liquid 

Look for the code: <span class="price-item__label" aria-hidden="true">{{ 'products.product.on_sale' | t }}</span>

And either delete or comment it out :)

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

It's in Snippets.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi I'm trying to do the same but the code is different from the advice above. Can someone help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Oh great, found it!

0 Likes