Solved

Debut theme, how to add product to my "featured items"

christianouell
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi, I'm trying to create my first store and I'm trying to add a product in the "featured items" section, I'm looking for, but I can't find! I opted for the "Debut" theme ...

I had listed one product, I had created one collection, but how I can do replace the generic image for my own items picture?

christianouell_0-1606322294847.png

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solution (1)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @christianouell!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I understand you're using the Debut theme, and are looking to add some products to the "Featured Items" section from your screenshot. I'm happy to assist with this! To get started, log into your Shopify account and head over to the Online Store> Themes section. From there, click "Customize" on the theme in question to enter the theme editor. Here's a screenshot from my own test store to help explain: 

customize theme.png

Once in the theme editor, you'll see a preview of your site on the right hand side, and on the left will be a list of sections where you can make changes. Find the section called "Featured Items", and when you click on it, it should snap the preview on the right hand side to that section. You should also see the left side change to reveal the contents of the section. In there you'll be able to select a collection to link, and that collections products will replace the placeholder images.

If you already have a collection linked there, but no products are appearing on the section, then we'll want to check that the collection linked has products in it. To do this, leave the theme editor by clicking the "Exit" button top left: 

exit.png

Next, head over to the Products> Collections section of your admin, and click on the collection you have linked in your theme. On the next page, you'll be able to see if the collection has products in it, or if it's empty. Depending on the type of collection (Automatic or Manual), there will be different methods of adding products to it, and both methods are outlined in detail right here in the Help Center! 

I hope this reply is helpful, and please don't hesitate to reach back out if you need any further assistance or clarification! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

christianouell
Tourist
5 0 1

bump! someone please?

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @christianouell!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I understand you're using the Debut theme, and are looking to add some products to the "Featured Items" section from your screenshot. I'm happy to assist with this! To get started, log into your Shopify account and head over to the Online Store> Themes section. From there, click "Customize" on the theme in question to enter the theme editor. Here's a screenshot from my own test store to help explain: 

customize theme.png

Once in the theme editor, you'll see a preview of your site on the right hand side, and on the left will be a list of sections where you can make changes. Find the section called "Featured Items", and when you click on it, it should snap the preview on the right hand side to that section. You should also see the left side change to reveal the contents of the section. In there you'll be able to select a collection to link, and that collections products will replace the placeholder images.

If you already have a collection linked there, but no products are appearing on the section, then we'll want to check that the collection linked has products in it. To do this, leave the theme editor by clicking the "Exit" button top left: 

exit.png

Next, head over to the Products> Collections section of your admin, and click on the collection you have linked in your theme. On the next page, you'll be able to see if the collection has products in it, or if it's empty. Depending on the type of collection (Automatic or Manual), there will be different methods of adding products to it, and both methods are outlined in detail right here in the Help Center! 

I hope this reply is helpful, and please don't hesitate to reach back out if you need any further assistance or clarification! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

christianouell
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you very much!

Omarelasmar
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I am still having this same issue. I have a featured collection selected, the collection has 4 products in it but I still don't see them in the featured selection portion of my page. Has something changed? I have tried with both automated and manual collections and still not working.

Thanks,

Omar

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hey, @Omarelasmar.

I'm taking over this thread on behalf of my colleague, and I'd like to check in with you to see if you are still experiencing the issues you described. Currently, these are the steps to add products to featured items, so if you are having trouble please include the following with your reply:

• Link to your live collection
  • Screenshot of your Theme Customizer showing the correct collection chosen

Please let me know so we can get you the support you need.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog