Debut theme issues

2 0 0

Hi guys,

I've been running into 3 issues with designing the Shopify Debut Theme, and am hoping someone here can be of some assistance. My knowledge of HTML/CSS is very limited.

1. I can't seem to get the on hover effect, as described here. I have followed all the steps exactly, the most I came up with was simply displaying both images one under the other which is obviously not what I was looking for. I've also found this but it only confused me more.

2. On my front page I have a slideshow, consisting of only one photo which has a very small and short zoom out effect when loading. Where can I change the duration of the zoom out effect? I'd like for it to last longer.  I tried playing with the bezier curve in Sections > Slideshow.liquid but nothing worked.

3. Is there any way or anyhwere I can add a hover "zoom in" effect for photos in the Gallery Section? Something like the Slow-Mo effect shown here?

I'm guessing most of these are pretty easy, but I can't seem to get them to work, even with the tutorials.

Thanks in advance, guys!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1169 135 206

Debut is a theme developed by Shopify. If you are on Shopify Basic and up plan you should be eligible for 1-hour free of charge support from their support team - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/using-themes/theme-support

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you for your answer. I am, and I know that. What I was hoping for was that somebody ran into similar issues and could point out what they did, so I could save 2-4 days, which is the time I saw it takes for Shopify to reply. ;)

0 Likes