Debut theme - make margins smaller on just one page?

7 0 0

Hello,

I am trying to reduce the margins on one page of my website using the Debut theme. I've figured out how to reduce the margins for the theme overall, but that's not what I want! I just want the margins smaller for one page.

https://www.doostuff.com/pages/animations

On this page I'm using a table, the HTML code has "<table style="width: 100%;">" and it has three columns set at 45% | 10% | 45% however as you can see, the righthand column is getting cut off. I've changed the table width to be a bigger percentage, this doesn't work. I've changed the column widths, smaller, bigger, nothing works. If the margins on either side of the table were smaller, the right column wouldn't get cut off.

Can anyone help? Thank you!

Erica

0 Likes
Highlighted
Globetrotter
543 51 51

@doostuff wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to reduce the margins on one page of my website using the Debut theme. I've figured out how to reduce the margins for the theme overall, but that's not what I want! I just want the margins smaller for one page.

https://www.doostuff.com/pages/animations

On this page I'm using a table, the HTML code has "<table style="width: 100%;">" and it has three columns set at 45% | 10% | 45% however as you can see, the righthand column is getting cut off. I've changed the table width to be a bigger percentage, this doesn't work. I've changed the column widths, smaller, bigger, nothing works. If the margins on either side of the table were smaller, the right column wouldn't get cut off.

Can anyone help? Thank you!

Erica

your theme do not have separate ids or classes for this particular page animation, means any change to it wil affect entire site, therefore we will need to custom code few things and try to get it like you want, 

it CAN be made like you want without scroll

you are welcome to contact / donate small amount to me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com

paypal.me/suyashpatankar
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Yes, I know that, and said that in my original post. I need to custom code this page, because I do not want to affect my entire website - just this one page. So what I’m asking is, how can I code this? Sorry but you didn’t answer my question at all, you only rephrased it.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@doostuff,

Add below id to body tag in theme.liquid file

<body id="{{ page_title | handle }}">

So its easy to add margin to that perticular page..

Also

2020-02-26_17-08.jpg

Please remove those 2 classes so that your image will display full

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Where should I add that in the theme.liquid file? At the top? At the bottom? Where? And should it literally say “page_title” or should I replace that text with the title of my page? Once I add this, how do I adjust the margins?
0 Likes
Highlighted

@doostuff,

Add here

ddddd.jpg

So that your animation page get one ID.So when we add any css with ID then it dont affect on other pages

Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Ok. And should it literally say "page_title"? Or should I replace that text with the title of my page, which is "ANIMATIONS"?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@doostuff,

Add only below code

id="{{ page_title | handle }}"
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Ok, I added that to the code and it didn't change anything, as I knew that it wouldn't, seeing as it doesn't address anything about the page, the margins, the numbers, the measurements..... It obviously wasn't going to do anything. My code now looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 3.13.40 PM.png

Also the second part you told me to delete - isn't anywhere in my code. I can' t delete it, because it's not there. 

Can anyone else help me with this? I just want to change the margins on a page. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

This part: you told me to remove this but didn't tell me where to find it. I can't find it. I can't remove it.

Please be more exact in your instructions.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 3.25.16 PM.png 

If anyone else is reading this and thinks that this back and forth conversation is us solving the problem - IT'S NOT! PLEASE HELP! This problem is not at all solved! All I want to know is how to change the margins on a page.

0 Likes