Debut theme - product images load outside site

Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

I'm using what I believe is the default Shopify theme "Debut."

On my product pages where I have multiple images, clicking an image should obviously load it in place of the main image, but in my case it is loading the image outside the site, so you need to click the back button every time you view an image.

I haven't changed any code, but I'm sure it's not meant to be like this?

Here's an example page: https://www.brickstore.nz/collections/featured/products/lego-70840-welcome-to-apocalypseburg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
686 101 220

You're quite right it shouldn't work like that but I have seen this problem before. If I remember right the problem is caused by how you have added your product images. Not sure how you've added them? but go to that product via Shopify admin and try adding the images there (as per screenshot)

Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 21.33.28.png 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

I've just added them as normal:

Screenshot_2020-04-05 Brick Store ~ Products ~ LEGO 70840 Welcome to Apocalypseburg ~ Shopify.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
686 101 220

OK - If you haven't touched the code then must be an App that is causing some sort of conflict.

Try downloading a new version of Debut, don't send it live, just preview it. If that works fine then you know it's an app. Report back and then we'll go from there depending on results.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

I've deleted all my apps, but the issue persists :-(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
686 101 220

Deleting apps may not work as they often leave the code they injected into your theme behind, that's why I was saying to preview new theme.

What happens if you do the preview route I mentioned?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

The gallery works, but if I try and copy+paste that specific code section it produces errors. The code is quite different.

Anyway, I ended up restoring the original version of the file, checking the gallery worked, and then I redid all my custom changes, so it's working now.

Thanks for trying to help me through this!

0 Likes