Debut theme - won't show all products in collections

Solved
7 0 0

I have all my products with tags and matching tags in Collections but two of my collections just show no matching products message.  I have verified I have tags, and contains any is marked in the collections page but they don't show up.  My shop is https://defineyourselfdesigns.com and the collections/links that don't show products is Baby and Kids, and Jewelry.  Can someone please help me with this?  I am going crazy trying to fix it!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 12 19

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Pamela_Klecan,

This is Finley from the Social Care team at Shopify.

Thanks for your question!

Can you confirm that when you head to your Products > Collections section, that there are indeed products in the Baby, Kids, and Jewelry collections?

If so, then I suspect that you may be using the Filter collection with tags option.

To check if this may be the case, head over to your Shopify Admin > Online Store > Navigation > Main Menu and then click Edit next to each of the three collections.

If you've used the optional Filter collection with tags and have added tags there that don't match each product in the collection, then it would filter out all the unmatching products.

I suggest to remove these tags, save the changes, and take a look to see if this has solved your problem:

20-12-ujmo9-l25uh.

Please let me know if how that goes! If this isn't the problem, I can get you authenticated and take a look into your account.

As a side note, I love the work you've done on your website so far. Certain products like the Adventure Alluring Beauty Necklace stand out to me because of the great job you've done with the product description.

Have you thought about who your target customer is for your website? Our blog post on Building a Buyer Persona talks about narrowing down who your ideal customer is.

This process is good to go through so that you can get the most out of your marketing.

I hope you had a great day!

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

7 0 0

Thank you, that was the problem!  I hate that I wasted days in populating my store by trying to fix that.  I really appreciate your help!

PM

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 12 19

You're welcome, Pamela!

I'm happy to hear that this issue has been resolved.

Please feel free to reach out to us again if you have any other questions.

You can always post another forum for the Shopify Community, or reach out via Facebook, Twitter, Live Chat, or Email.

All the best,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes