Solved

Debut - variant images not changing when selected from dropdown

zeezeetextiles
Tourist
8 2 3

Hey there!

I am using the Debut theme.

I've recently updated code to hide all thumbnails for a product with multiple variants (for a clean visual) and display just one image, but cannot get the product image (and additionally the price) to change when a variant is selected from the dropdown menu. My variants all have images uploaded, but only one of them will show right now. I am hoping I didn't botch a code somewhere!

Regardless of what I select in the dropdowns below, this one image shows for all of them, despite each variant having its own image uploaded. This image showing is also not the feature image I want to show before a variant is selected, but I'd rather have the variant images fixed first.

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 209PM.png

Additionally, if I chose a different variant and add to cart, not only does the above image show in the cart regardless of my choice, but the size/color corresponding to that image does too! So the wrong item gets added.

Any help appreciated! 

Accepted Solution (1)
zeezeetextiles
Tourist
8 2 3

This is an accepted solution.

Ended up getting this to work - had to re download my theme and start from scratch. Something must have gone funny along the way!

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 890

Hello,

You need to define an image for each specific variant at the Product page.
products.jpg

Let me know whether that helps.

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials.
◦ Replace apps with copy/paste code snippets and save money.
zeezeetextiles
Tourist
8 2 3

Hi there,

In my original post I specified that I have done this and it is still not working. The individual variant images won't change when I choose from the dropdown menu, despite having uploaded a specific image for each variant.

zeezeetextiles
Tourist
8 2 3

This is an accepted solution.

Ended up getting this to work - had to re download my theme and start from scratch. Something must have gone funny along the way!

HandSNorthCoast
Visitor
2 0 0

I have to restart my entire store from scratch?!

chicitygraphics
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, would you mind sharing the code that you used for this? My thumbnail images for all of the color options all show up also and it doesn't look clean as you said. Thank you!

HandSNorthCoast
Visitor
2 0 0

My store is experiencing the same problem. I have tried different image types and nothing is working. This is costing me sales.