Solved

Why is Debutify theme not displaying correctly on mobile and product pages?

ChristianoO
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello Everyone! I am hoping someone can help me. 

I am running into two different issues with Debutify. 

1. The website appears as the “desktop” version on mobile. The mobile preview I see when editing, is not what I see on my phone. The text is small, the images are small.. it just looks like the desktop version. If I minimize my browser on my PC, I can see how it should look. 

2. On the product pages, all of the text/images seem to be on the right side of the page? How can I center this?

My page is: www.muddypawws.com 

Thank you to anyone who can help! 

Accepted Solution (1)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

This is an accepted solution.

I've run into this problem before, you need to add this meta tag in the head of your html, just do it before the closing head tag in theme.liquid in your layouts folder (</head>)

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

<!-- don't add this closing head tag, I just added it to show you how it should look. Just add the meta tag. -->
</head>

Should fix your problem. If you're uncomfortable editing the code, I can change it for you. Just shoot me a DM and I'll request access to your themes.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hey there @ChristianoO!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out here in the Shopify Community to look for some pointers with your third-party theme.

If you're using a paid, non-Shopify theme such as this, you'd need to get support for this theme from your theme developers, rather than from us here at Shopify.

I had a look around online to see if I could find any contact details for the developers of this theme, which I believe can be found here.

Are you still getting set up with your store here or have you been selling for a while already?

Let me know if there's anything else you're working on for your store and business to see what we might be able to help with.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

This is an accepted solution.

I've run into this problem before, you need to add this meta tag in the head of your html, just do it before the closing head tag in theme.liquid in your layouts folder (</head>)

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

<!-- don't add this closing head tag, I just added it to show you how it should look. Just add the meta tag. -->
</head>

Should fix your problem. If you're uncomfortable editing the code, I can change it for you. Just shoot me a DM and I'll request access to your themes.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
ChristianoO
Visitor
3 0 0

Oh wow, that did it for me! Thank you so much! Do you have any idea on the text/images being on the right side and not centered? 
Thanks again for the mobile issue! 

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

Not a problem, glad it helped. Not sure what you're talking about though with your next question though, everything is centered for me on your homepage.

ChristianoO
Visitor
3 0 0

It seems to only be on the product pages. Only an issue on desktop. I have seen some others have this issue, but not sure what causes it/fixes it. 

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

If you want your text on your product page centered you can add this to the bottom of your theme.scss.liquid file in your assets folder:

.product-details {
    text-align: center;
}

In my opinion though, I think it looks better left aligned.