Delete multiple photos/files simultaneously?

Highlighted
2 0 6

Is it possible to delete multiple photos at once?  I see how I can delete a single file at a time but I'm struggling to believe that is the only way to remove files from our store. 

Any help is much appreciated!

6 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
69 0 8

Hey there Bill! :)

Eli here from Shopify; this is definitely a feature that makes sense to me, and one that I can see being useful for merchants with a multitude of files. Currently, this is something that hasn't yet been built into the backend admin, but which I have notified our developers of per your question here. Furthermore, I have left your store name / e-mail attached to the request for this feature, such that, when it comes to fruition, you will be notified personally!

All the best, and don't hesitate to fire any other questions my way. 

Eli Cymet Shopify Guru eli@shopify.com
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 6

Thanks Eli - if you want someone to help with usability testing of such a feature please feel free to ping me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
2 0 1

This would be MASSIVELY helpful for my store as well. As I have hundreds of files I am trying to replace.

Such a let down know one thought of this in the beginning. Thats file systems 101.

IL

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

We would like to have this option? Is it still in progress? What is the status, we really need to bulk delete images/files. Also Overwrite would be really helpful.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

I have almost 2000 images that I want to remove and I'm going to have to do them one by one? I might as well just build a store elsewhere. It's going to take hours!!!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

We would also like this feature.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Another big issue is you are redirected to the first page after deleting an image in a page other than the first page. So if you want to delete 20 images from the 10th page, you need to click 225 times and need to spend half an hour.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Any update on this, I just got started with shopify, uploaded files, trying to replace them, have to do it one by one, seriously guys!!

1 Like
Shopify Partner
4 0 3

I can't believe it's been 5 months now and this issue has still not yet been taken care of. Something so fundamental, yet keeps getting overlooked and passed up. Please guys, this is a crucial feature!

1 Like