Delete multiple photos/files simultaneously?

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3987 18 341

It does exactly what it says... if you edit a product in Shopify, with 99 images... you can use the delete all images link to delete all 99 images for the product with one click. 
That is all. Does nothing more, and nothing less. 
It cannot do more, cannot do less. It is NOT for people that want to select which images to delete. For that crowd, Shopify works fine. 

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Good news! Bulk delete has been implemented!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks, that's great news!!  Thank you Shopify team.  This will help a bunch!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Where is this screen found? Is this for product images?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9852 98 1622

@DouG Molidor
Where is this screen found?

It's for the files in your general settings:
http://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/files/upload-files

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

PLS PLS!!! Shopify team!!!!!

It would be super helpful to be able to bulk upload and delete images on the product page.

This is a task I have to perform everyday and having this feature would make my life way happier. Something that could take 3 mins usually takes me 15 or more, on top of that, after pressing the delete button on each image a message to confirm shows up right? well I cant even accepted by pressing enter/return I have to "click" on it. why?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

I am currently building an app to help bulk upload images. I'm in need of beta testers, would you be interest?

-Marlon

marlon@ideazensolutions.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Years later, and this is STILL necessary. I'm creating products from duplicating and if the previous product I duplicated from has 10+ photos I have to sit and delete them one by one and half the time the trash button never picks up the click. I get the guy made an app to do this, but honestly it should be apart of your system already. It's a basic function the tech team could probably manage within a handful of days to impliment... Shopify are you out there? Are you listening to your customers??

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Anything happening on this yet?... Yet?... Yet?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Is there an update with bulk delete?

Hunky,

I think you're missing the point. Sure deleting all images of 1 product helps, but what about all images of 1000 products? 

For one, its extremely important when you realize youve uploaded non-optimized images and want to reupload new optimized images.

Two, changing canvas sizes for 100's-1000's of images at once to ensure your site doesn't look like a POS with skitzophrenic images being conveyed as different shapes and sizes.

Or maybe someone wants to embed watermarks or logos on their images?

1 Like