Delete multiple photos/files simultaneously?

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3986 18 341

Thanks be to Jah Jah that I made that free App to take care of this till Shopify does!! 

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 1

It appears that it kills ALL our photos and store too, I think. How can you choose on a photo-by-photo basis on what you want to delete??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3986 18 341

Huh? You are smoking the good stuff TB! When you have a product, and you're editing it, and you have say, 50 images assigned to that product... it will allow you to delete them all, all 50, with one click. No more, no less.

It is not about making your life easier with checkboxes, and choice. It is an opinionated DELETE. 

It does not delete anything else. If it deleted your shop, then I would be a genius beyond compare. 

If you want to delete photos on a photo by photo basis, just click the trashcan in the photos you want to delete, as you wish...

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 4

Aww.. c'mon Bill. UX, man. ;)

On one hand, I get it - "doctor, it hurts when I do this!"

On the other hand, I think we can both see how the word "all" might be interpreted differently depending on the context. And yes, I know that the simplest, most common interpretation would technically be literally all.

“All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream.” ― T.K. Whipple
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3986 18 341

Yes James.. you're right. I spent a few minutes on the UX and it shows. I spent a few more and made is really loud in it's expression of what the button does. 

In my 30+ years of computing I never did bother to figure out the concept of drawing pretty pictures with tools like Photoshop and Illustrator. I stuck with writing words and writing code to solve hard puzzles. 

By adding more words, I am hoping the button is less scary now. Not holding my breath of course, people hardly read these days... but still... for the odd merchant craving this convenience, I am sure they will dig it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

That app is a step in the right direction, I'm sure someone will find it useful.

My issue is probably a corner case - gallery of images not specifically assigned to a product, rather frames for 360 degree turntable views. Irrespective, I cannot be the only member uploading media to the Shopify CDN.

I didn't see anything in the Shopify API that allows access to files other than associated with a product or theme. Otherwise, I might try to tackle this myself. Or just assign an intern to the drudgery of one-by-one delete.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

I'm really disappointed to see an 11 month old topic still not be fully addressed by the official coders of Shopify. I have no experience in coding, but I'd assume something like adding bulk editing for product images by default would not be hard.

I guess I'll be careful about how many images I want to upload.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3986 18 341

Ya ya Danny, but did you try my awesome free App for that! Totally makes the the problem go away... no need to dwell on issues that no longer matter when there are real issues to solve...

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Its total bullshit that there isn't a checkbox option to delete specific images in our file database. This is a basic function that exists on almost all platforms except Shopify. If I accidentally uploaded a bunch of images or I wanted to selectively delete some to free up space on my account? Or as some other users previously mentioned, if the image is located not on page 1? It takes 3-5 seconds for each "delete" to occur. 3-5 seconds * XX number of images * number of people who face this problem = a lot of wasted man-hours.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2

Hunky: Sorry, I must've missed it. It doesn't delete EVERYTHING, right? Just what I select after logging in?

0 Likes