Delete search bar Narrative Theme

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 2

Hi guys, I was looking in this forum to delete search bar in the header but I didn't found anything on Narrative theme. Is there anyone who can help me?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Hello @bogdanzisbodo,

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->theme.scss.liquid->paste bellow code in bottom of file

.navigation__search {
	display: none;
}
Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
645 71 115

Hey, @bogdanzisbodo!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Since you are using a free Shopify theme, this may be something our themes team can help you out with by using your design time. (Read more about design-time here). In order to check your eligibility, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 2

@oscprofessional Thanks mate, that works <3

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello @oscprofessional!

Just hijacking this thread. I have exactly the same problem, but unfortunately pasting that code at the bottom of the theme.css.liquid code does not remove the search button for me. All it does is once you click on the search function (and get taken to the search page), you can no longer press the X (exit) button.

Is there anything else I should try? Thank you in advance :)

Jim

0 Likes