Design

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi 

I have just created a new shopify website and added all my porducts and changed to the 'Venture' theme.  The design is very bland. How do i improve this? I have asked on chat twice but they directed me to Apps which will cost money each month.  

What is the best way to improve the design of my template? 

0 Likes
Astronaut
1126 150 295

If you know HTML, CSS, and Javascript, directly editing the code would be the best way. Aside from the "Customize" option for your theme, there is no other way to make edits to your page. You will want to either learn HTML, CSS, and Javascript yourself, or hire a web designer. Familiarity with Shopify Liquid would be very helpful too.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

thanks for your reply.  I am moving a website that has been coded because I do not want to rely on a programmer any more.   This is why I wanted to move to Shopify so they could provide all the tools I need.  So is it better to pay for an App such as Shogun as the Shopify representative had suggested or buy a paid theme? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1126 150 295

I don't really have any experience with Shogun, but it has very good reviews and looks pretty robust. As you'll probably want to make edits to the product page and collections pages, that'll be 39 dollars a month at least, which isn't bad at all.  So that is a totally viable option.

When you say you're moving a website that is already coded, I'm not sure how you mean. Shopify (and I'm sure any other e-commerce platform) functions differently than just a normal website. So it's not going to be like Copy, Paste, Boom website is working.

I would make a list of things that you know you want to have control over right now and see if you can find a theme that offers control similar to that. There's always going to be something that changes though, what you need today may not be what you need tomorrow. At some point, you'll probably be hiring a shopify expert to help you do something you cannot do with either the theme you've bought, or shogun. 

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted

you can use my services to design your shopify store. i have 7 years of experience and designed many successful shopify stores.

https://goo.gl/HvzjXV

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Hello

We have an app which will help you arrange variant images automatically and make your product pages professional.

We helped 1000+ store owners arrange their variant images automatically.

Please check the app - variant image automator in the shopify app store

take care..keep smiling

0 Likes
Highlighted
23 0 0

Hey, Ethan here today's every business have to do a website for his reputation and brand. So, if you looking for website design or digital marketing then you have to try Rayzor website design. They provide secure and easy website site hosting for you. And select the plan of your choice and get started. 

Hope you understand and feel free to contact with them. Just click the link and know about them - https://www.rayzorwebsitedesign.com.au/services/

0 Likes