Detecting Design Themes from Existing ecommerce sites

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi guys! We are new to Shopify, so thought I might just reach out to this new community at my finger tips!

We have finally found a theme from a current ecommerce site that we are very certain we LOVE! Unfortunately, it's not a shopify theme and has been created by their own designers (assuming).  Is there any way to detect a similar theme on Shopify that uses similar design principles and everything else they've got going on? The site is ugmonk.com and it would be beautiful to rebrand our ecommerce store with.

Please let me know if I can clarify, or if we'd have to hire a professional as we're pretty much out of budget for our marketing and rebranding!!! Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2469 128 395

The quick answer is you could probably start with cheaply with the free Debut theme https://debut-theme-lightroom.myshopify.com and some customizations.

I do customizations like this all the time and can be hired at paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com, though you may actually just need a consult or discovery first.

Now here's the hard to read answer. This is a recurring unhealthy cliche for new stores and it's very important to reset expectations and set reasonable goals instead of trying to emulate established brands obviously large investments in design.

@WeAreRootd wrote:

Unfortunately, it's not a shopify theme and has been created by their own designers (assuming).

Custom themes are worth the investment if it's a theme with features you like seen used by a premium brand pay to have a theme built from the ground up.

You can always inquire to the reference company who made their site then hire that specific designer to make you something unique and branded.

Is there any way to detect a similar theme on Shopify that uses similar design principles and everything else they've got going on? The site is ugmonk.com and it would be beautiful to rebrand our ecommerce store with.

Similar and everything-going-on are pretty much mutually exclusive you will not find an off the shelf theme with everything especially if you don't define the features needed.

The theme store has a pretty good filter for features but is not all encompassing, you have to do the research or pay someone to do it.

You'd start with horizontal menus, since there's not a mega menu filter 

https://themes.shopify.com/themes?sort_by=most_recent&navigation%5B%5D=horizontal-menu 

Even with a premium theme you can expect to additional for the customizations to achieve the missing features.

Please let me know if I can clarify, or if we'd have to hire a professional as we're pretty much out of budget for our marketing and rebranding!!! Thanks so much!

, " we're pretty much out of budget"  that is a core problem that should be examined why it wasn't addressed during the rebranding the website should not be an afterthought for an online store.

It is not a healthy approach for a business to do this at the end and ontop of that wanting to replicate a 6 figure brands investment in their brand ,even if it is an optimistic approach.

Also take a look at fashionopolism https://themes.shopify.com/themes/fashionopolism/styles/popup-shop/preview

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes