Different design on product page between dev store & main store - exact same theme

Solved
nico_ltbm
Tourist
3 1 1

Hi there !

I'm having a really weird issue with a theme I'm customizing for my company and can't figure out how to solve this. Basically, I have my dev store and the main "not-yet-public" store. Both run the exact same theme. On dev store, everything works just fine, but on main store, all the product-template section just vanished in frontend. Meaning the product pages display only related or recently viewed product. Not the product itself :

Product page in devProduct page in devProduct page in mainProduct page in main

- Live example on main store : https://lestoquesblanchesdumonde.myshopify.com/products/epicerie-sucree-chocolat-noir (pwd: pleist)

- Live example on dev store : https://dev-lestoquesblanchesdumonde.myshopify.com/products/epicerie-sucree-chocolat-noir (pwd: yahfre)

Again, both dev & main store are running the exact same theme (Theme -> Export / Got Zip file => Theme -> Import)

I have tried a couple of things already :

- Creating a second template for product page based on Debut Theme => doesn't change anything

- Preview debut theme on main store, juste to be sure : product page displays OK (but obviously, not the design I expect) 

- Deleting the product description HTML and replace it with "Test" => doesn't change anything

Lastly, when I fire up the console on the page, I do see a request for the document, containing all expected data : 

Capture d’écran 2021-04-21 à 15.07.40.png

I have tried disabling every apps I have :

- Order Printer

- Shopify Emails

- Custom Privacy Banner

It doesn't change anything. 

Anyone here could help me figure out what is going on ? Please  

Looking forward to getting any kind of help. 

Have a good day,

Nicolas

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
16851 1840 6301

@nico_ltbm 

sorry for this issue 

your date  is missing 

KetanKumar_0-1619074794587.png

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
nico_ltbm
Tourist
3 1 1

Hi @KetanKumar  !

Thanks for your reply, but I don't really get your point What do you mean by "your date is missing" ?  

I have given access to the theme to the Support team at wetheme, hope they can solve this !

Have a nice day,

Nicolas

0 Likes
nico_ltbm
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

So I found the problem. Long story short : I noticed differences in Shopify profiler between dev and production. Something to do with a gift-wrap option. 

Basically, I was setting a product as "gift wrap" in my theme settings_data.json that did not exist in production.

Problem fixed either by adding a product as gift wrap in Theme Customizer OR manually changing the settings_data.json to remove the product stated as "giftwrap_product_selector". 

Have a good day,

Nicolas

0 Likes