Disable Mobile Version of Website or Turn off Mobile Responsiveness???

Highlighted
4 0 0

Someone please help.

I have created a website and upon viewing it in 'mobile mode' it looks very very wrong.

Any editing that i do in 'mobile mode' ends up making changes to the 'desktop version' and this seriosusly effects the look and feel of the website.

The website was made using mobile responsive theme.

I am aware of the existing threads in the forums that discuss this common problem however they do not seem to help.

Looking through the forums the only half solution i found was to edit the code in my layouts/theme.liquid file with...

{% comment %}
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">
{% endcomment %}

now this has worked to a degree, however the main menu of my site still appears to be in 'mobile mode' and the links inside that menu do not work at all.

Is there any way to fully disable the 'mobile mode', or disable the mobile responsiveness of my website???

kind regards
Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

Hello,

Could you share your website link so it will be possible to check what is the exact issue with css? (or javascript perhaps)

If the theme is responsive I would suggest fixing the mobile version instead of making it look like the desktop version because more and more people access to internet using mobile devices and it would be the best aim to provide a good experience on all kinds of devices.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I am sorry but i cannot release the web link for my website for you to check the exact issue.

I appreciate what you and many other 'Shopify Experts' are saying in regards to keeping the mobile aspect of my website but I am more than 100% convinced that I do not want there to be a mobile version of my website.

My site has been designed strictly for desktop users only.

Thank you for your response, can someone please help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1840 177 707

Hi Nick, it would help if you at least mentioned what theme you are using?

Other than that, you will need to go through your theme.scss.liquid and possibly JavaScript (depending on theme you are using) and remove all occurrences of CSS media queries for device viewport sizes or references to JS code where there are mobile specific instructions (e.g. mobile nav).

Edit: Ah forgot, you might be able to achieve the same by adding below bit to the header to "faux" force mobile browsers in to desktop mode. Not superbly clean way of doing it but hey, looks like you don't care too much about mobile either way.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=1024">

All in all, you are better off writing your own theme from scratch or fixing mobile - happy coding ;-)

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
2 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Ok, this is a bit more hopeful.

Thankyou for the much appreciated additional info, my scripting knowledge is somewhat limited but what you have mentioned does make sense.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

You are an actual legend. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Please I need help disabling mobile friendly view!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Please, I need your help!! I'd like to turn off the mobile view as well but im having a hard time finding the right placement of the code. 

0 Likes