Disable "Add To Cart" for out of stock products and variants

2 0 0

Hey guys,

Still fairly new to Shopify and am working on getting my store setup for launch next month. Had a question about customer notifications for out of stock items, searched through the forum and posted this question in another spot in the forums a while ago - So far no answers to my post, and none of the solutions in other threads have worked for me yet:

I'm using Printful for print on demand merchandise, and US Direct as a dropship supplier. I just had a t-shirt variant from my Printful products go temporarily out of stock (Sport Grey in XL) and would like to code in a "Sold Out" or "Out Of Stock" notification for customers when they select that particular variant from the drop down menu of colors/sizes. When I tested the default settings for trying to purchase an out of stock item on the site, it almost seems like a glitch whereby you can select the out of stock item, hit Add To Cart, and you don't notice anything until you actually go to your cart and the item just isn't there. I'd like to alert customers before they even can add to the cart that the item is not available.

I'd really like to know how to still display all the items in my store but simply code in an alert or notification note for any products or variants that are currently out of stock (with both Printful and US Direct). Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Astronaut
1091 150 274

Can't really give you an answer without looking at your code. Could you post your store URL and password if password protected? Also, please post a link to a specific product that has a sold out variant and let us know what variant that is.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes