Disable "Keep me up to date on news and exclusive offers"

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi there, I saw a post from 2015 asking about this, and there was a solution noted. However, it seems in the last 4 years the solution is no longer applicable.

Is there still a way to hide this checkbox, preferably both from registration pages and checkout?

Thank you!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 21 8

Hello, @AvaInferi.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for this inquiry.

Yes, you can disable the newsletter sign-up in the checkout right in your checkout settings, this is located under ‘Settings > Checkout’.

It looks like this:

27-36-58h68-qb8hl

As for the customer registration page, that will require modifying the theme’s coding. If you’re using a Shopify theme and subscribed to a plan, our Theme Support team will be able to help remove the newsletter sign-up from the account registration page. However, if you’re using a third-party theme and have limited knowledge with HTML, CSS, Javascript, and Liquid, I recommend reaching out to the theme developers or working with Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are experienced with custom coding and can help remove the newsletter sign-up from the theme.

Is this what you were looking for? If you have any further questions regarding this topic, feel free to reply to this thread and I’d be happy to help.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Elias, can't believe I missed that!

The registration page should be no problem for me. Thank you for your help!

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 21 8

Hey, @AvaInferi.

No problem at all. Great job on removing the newsletter sign-up from the registration page. How are you finding the platform so far?

If you have any other questions, feel free to reply to this thread and I’d be happy to help.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

I currently work for a small promotional business and manage about 27 stores on Volusion, and the quality of life improvements on Shopify are welcomed, especially since there are times where I'm expected to have a functioning store done full of products in mere days. Because of that, template importing is a dream as there are way better designers out there than me, and it saves me a ton of time. Things like built-in swatch changing on options, even just having drag and drop for adding images to a product is seamless and quick. Liquid is also a nice little feature that's easy to understand and work with. I also appreciate the sheer volume of community driven support, which is virtually non-existent with Volusion.

My biggest complaint about Shopify, and something that would probably prevent me from migrating all our stores over is the 100 variant per product limitation. Some of our stores have 1000's of variants. I understand there are apps that work around this, and while I only briefly looked at how a couple of them worked, not only are they an additional charge, it tends to make those features I mentioned above (like swatch changing) less fluid and easy to work with, and it also creates more work by having to add custom code to various places to integrate it properly. 

Overall, while I'm not sure if we'll ever migrate all our stores over, but I do really enjoy working with Shopify and I hope we can use it more in the future.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 21 8

Hey, @AvaInferi.

Thank you for sharing this feedback and I am glad you are enjoying our platform. I also understand that using third-party apps for more than 100 variants is not the best workaround. I have seen some stores creatively separate their products, by making the colours or styles of shirts as an individual product for a clothing niche. This has allowed some stores to overcome the variant limits but this is definitely a situational workaround. 

That said, I will be sharing this feedback with our developers as a feature request. There isn’t a time frame that I can offer for feature requests; however, I hope this feature will be available in the near future and help you eliminate the need to use a third-party app. 

If you have any further questions on this topic, feel free to let me know in this thread and I’d be happy to help.

0 Likes