Discount code box doesn't appear on "checkout" page

Ariel_T
1 0 0

I'm on the professional plan where discount codes are allowed. I saw from other Shopify sites that a discount code box appear on the page where customers checkout. However, I don't see a discount code box on my checkout page. So what do I do to insert it?

0 Likes
Thea5
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
227 0 23

Hi Ariel!

The discount box appears on the second step of the checkout, after the customer has entered their billing information. If you try checking out, you'll see this step:

...and you'll see the option to add in a discount code. Don't worry, it's all there for you :)

Happy selling!

Thea
Shopify Guru | thea@shopify.com

0 Likes
Richard_Dolman
1 0 0

Hi

Im having this problem and I can't see it, it goes through to the paypal gateway with no option for discount code

0 Likes
Thea5
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
227 0 23

Hey Richard!

Once a customer puts something in their cart and then clicks on Paypal (or the checkout link), they'll be prompted to fill out this information:

Once you fill it out and hit continue, you'll be brought to step 2 of 2, which includes shipping and discount codes:

Let me know if you're still having trouble, even after clicking through to the second step of checkout.

Take care,

Thea
Shopify Guru | thea@shopify.com

0 Likes
Justin_Cook1
1 0 0

I also have no discount code box on my 2nd checkout page. There is no discount box near the shipping info. Someone help please!

0 Likes
Caroline_Schnap
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5710 1 350

The discount box will only appear if a discount code is applicable to the order. Are you sure that a discount code is applicable to the order you made?

0 Likes
Caroline_Schnap
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5710 1 350

Justin, all your discount codes are expired: http://www.shopify.com/admin/discounts If no discount code is applicable to the order, the discount code box won't show up. (We are trying to avoid here the client trying needlessly to plug in random codes in the box, found god knows where, or guessed out).

0 Likes
Robert_O_Reilly
1 0 0

Same issue for me guys, please help ASAP! The discount is set up for all orders, but no box is coming out at any time throughout check out. The codes are not actually coming up as "active", though they are enabled. I don't know why this is???

0 Likes
Caroline_Schnap
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5710 1 350

Hi Robert, the only code I see enabled in your store starts being active tomorrow.

0 Likes
Caroline_Schnap
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5710 1 350

Oh wait, you are in Australia, correct?

0 Likes