Solved
Krasimir1
Excursionist
13 1 4

Hello.
I have two discount codes:
10% discount when buying 2 products.
20% discount when buying 3 products.
Can they be executed automatically when the customer buys two or three products. Avoid entering the code manually.
Because it doesn't allow me to make two percent discounts at once.
Thanks!

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
89 25 12

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Krasimir1

Hilary here, I work at Shopify. I'd be happy to help explain what's happening.

It is only possible to have one automatic discount active at any given time. This means, if you want to have multiple active discounts, any further discounts must use a code. Automatic discounts take precedence over discount codes, and customers can't apply multiple discounts to a single order. This is explained in detail in our Help Center document Creating automatic discounts

I understand not wanting to make your customer use a code to receive a discount. One concern with using discount codes may be that your customers might not see the code, or know to use it. A suggestion to help with this is to have the code listed in an announcement banner on your website. This is a highly visible place where customers know to look for important store information such as sales and discounts. 

Alternatively, if using multiple automatic discounts is important to your business, you could use a third party app from our Shopify App Store to do this. These apps also allow your customers to apply multiple discounts to a single order. Here are some options: 

Do you find discounts quite helpful in increasing your sales? What other marketing tactics have you tried? We do have a blog article on Actionable tactics to increase your sales, if you are looking for other ideas. Let me know how setting up your discounts goes! 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes