Discounts not being recognised when using compare at price

GrahameChisholm
1 0 0

Hi All,

We are having difficulty reporting discounts when using compare at price as a method of discounting products. For example 

Product 1: RRP = £100, Discounted price = £75

When I report on this sale it shows:

Gross Sales        Discounts       Total sales    

£75                      £0                   £75

and not

Gross Sales        Discounts       Total sales    

£100                   £25                 £75

How can I correctly record the discounts with "compare at price"?

Thanks

0 Likes
Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1462 39 285

The "compare at price" is not treated as a discount in Shopify. There are other mechanisms that offer true discounts like gift cards or Scripts (Shopify Plus).

With some code changes, you can fake it if really necessary on the cart and also on the checkout if you are on Plus.

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products
0 Likes
BetterReports-K
Tourist
26 0 1

Hi @GrahameChisholm,

Keanna here from the Better Reports support team.

Were you able to find a solution for this? If not, I would recommend our app Better Reports for this!

As was noted, Shopify does not treat the compare at price as a discount. We can create a custom field that identifies markdowns by checking whether the sale price is lower than the compare at price in Shopify. We can then calculate the markdown amount as the difference between the sale price and the compare at price. You'd then be able to report your total markdowns separately from your total discounts. The caveat with this approach is that only the latest compare at price is checked as Shopify doesn't record the compare at price at the time of the sale.

In addition to building custom reports to meet your specific needs, you'll have access to 60+ built-in reports that cover many common use cases for merchants and our reports can be scheduled to send directly to your email or Google Drive at set frequencies.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

0 Likes