Display Inventory - Multiple Locations

Sarah-C
3 0 4

I'm trying to display inventory by location on our product pages. I have the location IDs but I am not sure how to link it to a product. When I view the product in "/admin/products.json?ids="  it displays:

"inventory_quantity":2,"old_inventory_quantity":2

But I have it set up to be 1 item at one location (Toronto) and 1 item at another location (Vancouver).

How do I identify inventory by location so I can display it? Am I looking in the wrong place or is there something else I need to do?

0 Likes
Per_Arne
Excursionist
16 0 7

Hi Sarah.

Did you find a solution?

Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
166 4 32

Hi Per_Arne, You can check out my application for this: https://inventorylocations.checkmyapp.net, more info can be found at this thread: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/How-to-display-inventory-for-multi-locations-on-p...

0 Likes
Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
166 4 32

Update: The Product Inventory Information app has been added to the Shopify App store

0 Likes
benjamindov
12 0 0

Hello there,

I see it is an old question but I would like to add a reply to this for the people who are coming to the topic from Google.

We recently created a Shopify App which is doing that.

This app allows you to display per location inventory on product pages. Also you can display your opereation hours with that.

We have a free plan take a look into it.

https://apps.shopify.com/stofind

0 Likes
Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
166 4 32

Hi Benjamin,

I see that our inventory information app https://apps.shopify.com/product-inventory-information has sparked your interest to create a copy of it's functionality. It's somewhat unfortunate that after I listed my app on a certain website at the end of september 2 developers decided to copy it (one app published in december, the other one in January.) But I guess that's what you get when your app get's attention.

anyway, I like the layout of the popover in your app and great idea to have the opening times available there as well, we currently only show it on our google map featur, we might just copy that idea  

It's not a very big niche, so I hope we can all get some happy customers, good luck!

0 Likes
benjamindov
12 0 0

Hi Thomas,

I think your thoughts are wrong. A copy of your app on Stofind is impossible. I did not know your app when making Stofind. We can use same keywords on Shopify App Store and that is not a problem I think. But we did not copy any functionality or feature belongs to your app.

You can copy what you want belongs to Stofind. You are free! I respect you and your jobs.

All the best,
Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
166 4 32

Hi benjamin,

It's all good, for some reason my emoticons got removed from my post, I'm not mad or anything that's how it goes, you are free to make any app you want, I just thought it was funny my app has been there for 2 years, and 2 apps with similar features get published within 2 months.

I wish you the best of luck and congrats on your app.

Best Regards,

Thomas

0 Likes
RME
2 0 0

Thomas,

We are looking for a Shopify plug in that requires some of the functionality your app provides, but we have additional requirements also.

Scenario:

We have 3 warehouses configured as locations in Shopify: Colorado, Florida, and Kansas City

We only do delivery fulfillment for all orders.

All customers have previously created/approved accounts.

Requirements:

1. We want to display available inventory counts by location (In a perfect world we would only display inventory counts for the location closest to the customer. We could tag the customer with one of the three location names to configure each customer to a specific location)

2. We only want to fulfill orders from the location closest to the customer (As we are doing delivery fulfillment)

0 Likes
Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
166 4 32

Hi there,

you could use our geolocation option and only show the closest location to the customer

then you can disable add to cart on products that have no location available (in this case that would be if the closest location is out of stock)

0 Likes