Display Out of stock items last on the collection

Volodymyr_Koval
Tourist
4 0 1

I think this is a very simple and LOGICAL functionality but so far not available in Shopify?

So when your Collection is displayed it sorted out alphabetically by default. 

My question is how to sort it our BY DEFAULT so all out of stock or SOLD OUT items are displayed LAST.

I asked support and they told me to contact the developers.

The developer quoted me TOOOO much money to add this functionality. More than $1000...

What do you think? Am I missing something?

I'm using OtuOf The Box theme...

THANK YOU ALL!

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1966 296 780

I agree that this should definitely be a functionality. I found this forum post that seems to shed a little light on the subject:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/How-do-I-sort-quot-Out-of-Stock-quot-products-to-...

However that will only push the sold out product to the end of the page, not the end of the collection. Which is better, but not exactly a clean result. Someone does make mention of the app Out of Stock Police, which is free for up to 50- products and then 5.99 a month for up to 500, and $10 a month for up to 5000 products. Seems pretty affordable to me, you could have it for up to 10 years for what the developer quoted you  (¬.¬')

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Volodymyr_Koval
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
smcneil04
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi everyone,

I have figured out a makeshift way to display my sold out items last when viewing products a-z. it might not be for everyone but I thought I’d share it here as I know how frustrating it can be not being able to do this without paying for an app or figuring out complicated code. This works for the minimal theme I’m not sure about any others but worth a try...

If you put a blank character in front of the title of your out of stock items, it will shift them all to the bottom in alphabetical order. If you are keeping product sorting (a-z, price: high-low etc) then this is only going to work for a-z however my way around this was to remove product sorting altogether which will just format the items a-z with no option to change. the blank character is between the quote marks for you to copy “ ”

This will leave a very small gap before the title which is less noticeable if you centre the titles, but if that doesn’t bother you it’s a good way to get around this issue. Hope I helped someone

dbp
Excursionist
17 0 2

You can sort collections manually to show In Stock items first.

0 Likes