Display Vendor

14 0 0

Folks:

Should be an easy solution to this but I can't find it.

I want to display the product vendor on my product page.  How to do it on the Debut theme or others.

0 Likes

Yes, it is easy.

You can enable to display the product vendor in the "Customize" theme menu:

genovawebart-show-vendor

Best,

Arthur

Shopify subject matter expert | Founder at GenovaWebArt | Full-services shopify agency | info@genovawebart.com
0 Likes
14 0 0

Thanks.  I knew I must have been missing it.

0 Likes
14 0 0

Is there anyway to make it active so it links to the vendor's collection?

0 Likes

You can find the code for a vendor here:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes (In this example I have managed Debut theme).
  2. Choose "Edit code" from the "Actions" drop-down menu.
  3. On the Edit HTML/CSS page, you can edit the Sections / product-template.liquid file.
  4. You should find the following lines in the file (the code is about 108-110 lines):
{% if section.settings.show_vendor %}
  <p itemprop="brand" class="product-single__vendor">{{ product.vendor }}</p>
{% endif %}

The Shopify Liquid has this variable to generate an HTML link to the vendor of the product:

{{ "Pepsi" | link_to_vendor }}
<a title="Pepsi" href="/collections/vendors?q=Pepsi">Pepsi</a>

Thereby, you need to replace your code with this lines:

{% if section.settings.show_vendor %}
  <p itemprop="brand" class="product-single__vendor">{{ product.vendor | link_to_vendor }}</p>
{% endif %}

Best,
Arthur

Shopify subject matter expert | Founder at GenovaWebArt | Full-services shopify agency | info@genovawebart.com
0 Likes
1 0 0

In my case, the provider is still on my site despite having disabled.

In addition to my product liquid, you have no information. My theme is Brooklyn.

Capturar.PNG

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Arthur, thanks for this, super helpful. I've managed to create a hyperlink on the vendor's name but when I hover above it it doesn't underline like the other classic links on the rest of the site. Do you know how I can fix this? Many thanks! 

0 Likes