Display currency - How to show NZ$ rather than $?

Solved
GlamorousGoat
2 0 1

How am I able to show the actual currency code (NZD) against the price on my product pages rather than just "$" ?

Currently my US customers are assuming it is USD which means my products appear more expensive.

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
695 69 91

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @GlamorousGoat!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I see that you're trying to add a "NZD" next to your products prices to make sure there's no confusion on what currency you sell in. I think this is a thoughtful idea, and will definitely be a positive change for your business if you currently have customers from outside New Zealand who are experiencing some confusion. Here are some steps on how you can change the price formatting so that your product prices include the currency: 

1. Log into your Shopify account and head over to Settings> General
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the section called "Store currency" currency.png

3. Click the button that says "Change formatting", which will reveal a few additional fields changeformattting.png

4. In order to have every instance of pricing on your account reflect the NZD currency, you'll need to add in "NZD" into the formatting for "HTML without currency" and "Email without currency" and then save the page savecurrency.png

Once you're finished, the prices on your products should show NZD. Depending on where you add the letters in currency formatting, it will appear in different portions of the price. For example if you add it like this: ${{amount}} NZD, prices on your store will appear like this: $10.00 NZD.

Alternatively, if you add it like this: NZD${{amount}}, prices will appear like this: NZD$10.00. So it's up to you how you want to add it in.

Let me know by replying here if you run into any troubles with changing the currency formatting on your store, or if I perhaps missed the mark on what you're looking to achieve. I'll be happy to further assist either way. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

GlamorousGoat
2 0 1

Great, thanks for the prompt response, Ash. Problem solved!