Display designs instead of products

Bob_Downs
2 0 0

I am creating a t-shirt store in Shopify, and I am trying to figure out how to show designs on my homepage rather than individual products.

For instance, I would show Design 1, Design 2, Design 3 etc.; then the customer would click on that image and be taken to a separate page where he could see t-shirts, mugs, posters, etc. with that design on it. Any practical way to accomplish this?

Thanks

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2937 141 987

Hi Bob, 

one way to approach this is to create a collection for each design and then (depending on your theme) modify the list of collections to only display relevant ones...

It's also possible to filter your products based on the tag, and modiy your theme to show a picture you will upload for those tags, this will save you from creating those many collections...

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
Bob_Downs
2 0 0

Thanks, Tim; might it be simpler to just use a "related products" plugin so that on each product (say Design 1) related products show other items that design is printed on? I'm new to Shopify, so I'm trying to figure out how to best design my site.

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2937 141 987

It is totally possible, but for related products to do it there still must be  some way to group them, a criteria to find those related products.

Do not know which particular plugin you're talking about, but generally I'd say it will require modification to the related products code anyway.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
reichmannro
2 0 0

Hi, Do you have some news concerning the best way to display designs instead of products. Thanks!

0 Likes