Display different blog topics

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I'm working on a customers Shopify store and have ran into a problem.

We want to have a blog post-section in the Shopify store and we have that right now.
Right now they are displayed like this:
[Blog post 1] [Blog post 2] [Blog post 3]

That is great, however, the issue we have is that we want the blog to have three different categories. And when you post a new blog post in the "Topic 2" the post in "Topic 2"-box changes.

[Topic 1] [Topic 2] [Topic 3]

Because right now the latest blog posts will always be to the left. Is this possible? Only to display the latest post from the category, but display them in the same row. 

Makes sense?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 59 109

Hi @Helloworld123,

Hyde here from Shopify. Interesting question!

If I've understood your question correctly, you want to have different blog categories or themes. That is possible through the use of tags, as outlined in this help document.

In terms of the visual representation of those different categories and tags, that might require some bespoke custom coding as our free themes do not offer that function natively. You could always consult the Shopify Experts who can make custom changes to your store on a contracted basis. They may be able to develop a custom solution for your blog posts or may have access to an already existing integration that I'm unaware of. As with all Expert contracts, requirements and prices are agreed upon before any work commences, so you can always check in with a few different Experts to ensure you're getting what you want for a competitive price.

I hope this all helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

Thanks.

Yeah so right now the blog post section on my homepage displays the latest three posts. And for every new post, the new post is the first one, of three. The other two jump one step to the right.
Hmm I guess I have to look into some coding then... 

0 Likes