Display inventory levels for each location on web site.

Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Currently we can display the inventory level of each variant of a product, but we would also like to display which location that inventory level is at. We can see this functionality on many web sites like Canadian Tire or Best Buy.

Is there a way to do this yet?

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
583 17 49

Hi, SilverPaladin. 

This is Max from the Shopify Team.

Have you considered adding an additional option to your products' variants? Indicating the location as an option and then specifying the location options in conjunction with that. This way customers could see the available inventory based on location, if that's the end goal. Here's an example of this in my test store, using Debut theme:

25-05-sv4li-5v80p
Otherwise, you might find that enlisting someone (like an Expert) to help edit your theme to show your custom Locations when a specific variant is selected is the best bet. 

Here are some help docs that might be of interest to you if you've not already found a solution:

Cheers, 

Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 4

Hi Max,

If the Shopify code doesn't allow for this data to be transmitted to the front end, how could a Shopify expert help solve this issue? According to https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/Locations-Display-Inventory-by-Location-on-Front-End-T... the data is not passed through to the front end.

I also have this problem and need to find a solution. It should be seen as a big priority for Shopify as many retailers have multi locations and need to display inventory by store to the customer.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
133 4 12
Hi mfsyyc,

Since I needed this too, I created an app that let’s you display inventory location information on the frontend.

It’s currently awaiting review, but you can already install and use it here:
Https://inventorylocations.checkmyapp.net

More info here:
https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Multiple-Warehouse-Inventory/m-p/488417/highlight...
0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 4
Hi Thomas, thanks for the info. Will the data on the front end be customizable? Does it show variant inventory or an aggregate of all variants? This is a promising app!
1 Like
Shopify Partner
133 4 12
Hi!

You need to add a div to your product-template you can style it with css however you like.

You can see a demo here:
https://shipping-demo.myshopify.com/products/location-test-product

If the product has variants, it will show the inventory per location for the selected variant (when another variant is selected, it will automatically show the inventory for that selected inventory)

Available options in the app backend:

- Show in stock / out of stock text per location instead of exact inventory qty
- rename the locations in frontend (if your location name in the backend is not descriptive enough for customer)
- hide out of stock locations
Demo video of settings:
https://youtu.be/_YMpOEgpoQM

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 4
Thank you so much for making this app.

Do you think I would have the ability to access the data and display it in a different way? We don't want to display the amount in stock, we need to do a out / low / high stock type message as revealing our inventory levels would help the competition.

If the inventory is stored in a field that I can access, I should be able to code it to display properly. But if the content of the DIV is set in stone, it might not work for me.

If you are looking for features to add if love to have it all done in th app background. If we could set the thresholds and stock level titles (ie. Low - call ahead / in stock) it would be super useful.

Thanks again!
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
133 4 12

Hi again,

This sounds like a very useful feature!

I would rather like to implement it in the app itself, so other users can use this feature too. (and otherwise tech savvy competition would be able to figure out how to get to the numbers, so it's better to make sure no number appear in the ajax request).

For now you could use the in stock / out of stock setting to hide the numbers.

I will add this new feature tomorrow, then you will be able to add your treshold quantities for out of stock / low stock / high stock message.

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 4
I wish more developers were as responsive as you! I've needed this app for
the last 3 months, it got to the point where I was going to learn to make
it myself but you saved me so much stress!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
133 4 12

Update: The Product Inventory Information app has been added to the Shopify App store

0 Likes