Display prices for sold out products (Narrative Theme)

Solved
annyeryn29
Excursionist
37 0 10

Hi All,

Desperately searching for a solution to this issue which I feel should be easy I sell handmade items via Shopify & therefore only accept a certain number of orders per month. When I reach my order threshold, my stock levels are set to zero. This is making my prices disappear but I want my prices to show all the time so potential customers can browse my website & see the cost of products without being able to make an order. I would like both the collection pages & product pages to show the price.

I'm using Narrative theme. 

Seems theres lots of similar posts on the forum but no solution is working for me at the moment. Can anybody help?? I've tried pasting this is my theme.css.liquid but did not work

.price--sold-out .price__regular, .price--sold-out .price__sale, .price--sold-out .price__unit {
    display: block !important;
}

Some of the older posts seem to refer to a product_price snippet which I don't seem to have in my theme editor.

The only work around I can think of is to leave stock level at 1 but remove "add to cart" but this seems ridiculous.

https://annyanderyn.myshopify.com/collections/baby-mobiles

Thanks so much

Struggling Shopifier!

0 Likes
annyeryn29
Excursionist
37 0 10

@KetanKumar perhaps you could help?

0 Likes
annyeryn29
Excursionist
37 0 10

Perhaps I should add that strangely, the price still shows on the product page for my items with more than one variant...

https://annyanderyn.myshopify.com/products/sj7cuxrbn6l820ih4klspxmn9io67p?variant=39751340982442

0 Likes
annyeryn29
Excursionist
37 0 10

My friend also uses narrative theme and her prices show when sold out?

https://leonieandtheleopard.co.uk/collections/mini-wall-flags/products/peace-mini-flag

g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
277 76 91

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @annyeryn29, the CSS won't work if the price is removed from the main code itself which is not the case in your website. The price field is just blank/empty.

I tested this on my development Shop using the Narrative theme and by default, the Narrative theme shows price even if the product is out of stock (whether variant or not). Have you changed the code for the product page? Or are you using any apps?

If you found my answer helpful, please LIKE and ACCEPT.
buymeacoffee.com/g33kgirl ☕
If you're not comfortable with code, please modify code files at your own risk.
Do NOT give out your passwords unless absolutely necessary.
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
20468 2116 7716

@annyeryn29 

sorry for this issue please check your theme default code its allow 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes