Displaying Author in Blog for Brooklyn Theme

samrose
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi, i would like to display the blog author in the blog lists and also under the title, please. Can someone advise? I want the author to be credited in the BLOG LIST, above the date created, and also under the TITLE in the BLOG PAGE.

Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 4.21.56 AM.png

0 Likes
Pallavi
Shopify Expert
691 86 94

Hello There,

You can use the {{ article.author }} variable to display the author. More info on the article object
here: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/liquid/objects/article#article-author

Blog post contents are usually in a template/section called something like article-template.liquid. Look for that, then look for a place where you'd like to put the author. I would wrap it like this:

<p id="article-author">Author: {{ article.author }}</p>

Want to modify or develop new app, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: support@zestard.com
Shopify Apps URL :- https://apps.shopify.com/partners/zestard-technologies
Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | Shopify Private App | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
727 73 130

Hi @samrose,

Hyde here from Shopify.

You could try removing the blog author from your blog entirely, and simply including it in the content of the blog page instead.

For example, with the Debut theme, you can turn the blog author on and off in your theme's settings. Head to Online Store> Themes > Customize Theme. From that page, you'll want to navigate to your blog, then use the menu on the left-hand side to uncheck the option to show the author. There's more on that here.

Once you do that, the only way your visitors will know who the author is, is if you include the name at the start or end of the actual blog post. You can use a different font, size, or style to differentiate it from the other text.

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes