Displaying Free Shipping on Qualifying Items

Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 3

Is it possible to edit some part of my site to have items that are in a shipping profile, for example FREE or fixed price shipping display either the price or Free Shipping on the product page where it says "shipping calculated during checkout".

Some of my products should say calculated there, but others it would be nice to display free or  fixed rates... I strongly believe it helps drive sales

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Easthillsupply

You may be able to achieve this with product tags and then a couple lines of code on your product page section.

Honestly the code for doing something like this is not super simple; here is a reference to a similar situation:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/If-product-tags-contains-phrase-show-hide-div/td-p/26...

Basically, you would add a tag like "free" to each item you want to showcase free shipping on and the write an if statement like:

If product contains tag "free", show "Free Shipping". (This is an extremely simplified version because I'm not a developer, but you get the idea.)

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 3

With companies like amazon thumping free shipping all over their listings its unfortunate shopify doesnt support this option as a standard in their listings.

I joined shopify to avoid having to code the features I want, its been good otherwise but alot of modern things missing you would think should be included

0 Likes
Highlighted

Shopify certainly allows you to offer free shipping to your customers. It's just that DISPLAYING the free shipping ON the product page of some products, but not others is a pretty specific request.

I'm sure there is a third party application you can use to do this if you don't want to code it in.

It's also important to understand that Shopify, for the standard price, is a very robust platform; especially if you take into account the third-party applications that are available to you. There is almost nothing you can't do with it if you are willing to put in the time.

That being said, Shopify does reserve its most robust features for Shopify Plus users, as they should.

0 Likes