Displaying color variants as individual products on custom collection page

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi, It works with some apps that offer filtering. I can confirm that it works with this one: https://apps.shopify.com/product-filter-search

However if it doesn't work with any specific filter please contact us and we will add a support for any 3rd party app.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
25 0 3

Trying to test it on a dev store, but it looks like you need to be on an active shopify plan?

apollomerchants.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
25 0 3

Hi team, do you have an example of a store where this works with the filter app mentioned? I have a client right now who is asking for exactly this.  Also, are you able to make this app on development stores to test it out? Looks like you need to be a on a paid plan to install the app currently 

apollomerchants.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 1 0

Hi @tim have you had any luck combining this with your tip on displaying available sizes beneath the product description?

I've been trying to implement a variant on your solution for the latter as per the code in this Gist, but the trouble is it's returning all the size values rather than just the ones that apply to the colour in question. The issue I'm having is illustrated better visually:

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 5.31.38 pm.png

I've spoken to Dylan about this, but he didn't have a solution. Any ideas on how to I might be able to get the code to print out the available sizes for just the variant pictured above it?

Thanks in advance. Your tips have been super helpful thus far!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

@Brian_McKinley Thank you for your help it really works with minimal changes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 7

@gravitysoftware Oh cool, only $30 a month too! Like what I pay for Shopify, deal! /s

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 7

no need to waste $30/m on @gravitysoftware  rent-seeking software, just use this code: https://dylanjh.com/blogs/19-show-all-products-as-separate-variants-on-the-collection-page-of-the-de... I personally just added the code to the end of my product-card-grid.liquid file without any other steps and it worked fine. Depending on the theme version ymmv

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

E-V-O, You replied to all posts that contain the link to our app. Well done! Why do you believe that our software is rent-seeking? We won't break even on this app in the next 12 months (if ever). The cost of development was very high because the app works with all themes. Our code was organized to detect the product nodes and deal with many aspects that you are not even aware of. In addition the app has many additional features: you can select which variants should be displayed per collection page, you can assign the "on hover" image for each variant etc. It also works with 3rd party filter apps. In addition we offer support and help merchants to resolve conflicts with other apps. We work very hard to earn the $30 / month on each installation.

Your solution is great but it needs to be modified for each theme and it's limited to display color variants only. Our app can work with multiple variants. Did you try our app at all? Why did you decide to offend us? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Actually, your app is not doing the same as the website Koio.co , where every color variant is it's own product and page. But they are linked together across those pages by a color-selector (dropdown on koio.co|).

Your app just splits up the variants on the collection page and shows all images of all colors. Might not be what the web developer wants.

0 Likes