Displaying product type under product name

Solved
Tourist
8 0 0

Hello all, 

I'm using the Streamline theme of Archetype. I would like to add to my product title a short description, that would be shown below the product name on the home page, the collection page and the product page itself.

I figured an easy way to do that would be to use "product type", which other stores with the same theme have done - for instance see here "Boxraw" under the product name: that's what I'm trying to get to. 

Capture d’écran 2019-11-25 à 20.32.24.png

I tried to figure out by myself where to edit the code, but could not find the answer...

If you have any advice to share, that would be hugely appreciated ! Thanks in advance :)

Marie

0 Likes

Success.

Hello 

Go to
Online Store-> Themes -> Edit code->Sections->product-template.liquid
search this code

{{ product.title }}

then add below code after that:

{{product.type}}
Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 0

Hello, 

Thanks so much for the answer! 

I actually found another very easy way to do it with the Streamline theme, I'll explain it here in case someone else is looking for a solution: 

- use the "vendor name" field instead: fill it for each product with the product type / description you want to be displayed

- in the product page section of the customization panel check "display vendor name"

Hopefully that will be helpful for other users. 

0 Likes